cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer no broadband for 2 weeks

Davidolah29

New customer no broadband for 2 weeks

I currently just ordered my broadband. I was supposed to go live on 08/08/2022 but i received to router until the 10/08/2022 as it hadn’t been ordered. It’s now the 18/08/2022 still no connection and I know have to wait for an engineer by 23/08/2022. I have no problems with the customer service as they are really helpful but the problem I have is I shouldn’t be paying the full broadband fee until the date it is connected I shouldn’t be paying money for not even be connected to internet.
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: New customer no broadband for 2 weeks

@Davidolah29  Welcome to the forum.

Whilst you pay your first month up front the billing month does not start until the service goes live. If your service did not start on the confirmed date you may be eligible for compensation. See. https://www.plus.net/help/legal/automatic-compensation/

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Feedback to My Order

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Davidolah29

I supposed to go live on 08/08/2022 but engineer not coming out till 23/08/2022 does that mean I can get compensation between this time
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Depends whether the 08/08/2022 was a confirmed date ? or was it just an estimated date when you ordered and the 23/08/2022 is now the confirmed date ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Davidolah29

I went live on 08/08/2022 but the forgot to send me the box I have the email to say that is when I had went live
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

So why do you need an engineer on the 23rd ? Are you sure the 8th wasnt just the phone being activated and you're waiting till the 23rd for the engineer to connect broadband ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Davidolah29,

I’m so sorry for how long it’s taken to get back to you! We’re quite busy right now, so it’s taking a longer than we’d usually like to get back to customers. 

I'm very sorry that your broadband isn't working yet and for any inconvenience that this has caused you. It looks like we have found a fault on the line following your activation. An engineer is due to investigate this tomorrow and hopefully will be able to get everything up and running for you. As @Baldrick1 has mentioned, you will be eligible for automatic compensation once the fault has been fixed.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team