cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Order

Jimbo23
Dabbler

New Order

Ordered new service 24th April after having a nightmare with another provider.
My service was due to go live today 9th May but I don’t have a router yet and the engineer who was supposed to come this morning hasn’t turned up. There was an OpenReach van in my street this morning 3 houses up but didn’t come to mine.
My son is on study leave for his main exams and is hammering through mobile data doing past papers etc.
I’ve had no correspondence as to what’s happening.
Any update would be greatly appreciated
8 REPLIES 8
Jimbo23
Dabbler

Re: New Order

Update:
Called customer service yesterday and everything was sitting hung up. No router or order processed. Lady was lovely and seemed to get things moving pretty fast.
It looks like I indicated I had cable coming into my home instead of a bt phone line when I placed the order on 24/04/23.
So my fault 🤷‍♂️
The router has been ordered and my go live date is now 17/05/23.
I’m hoping it will be earlier as we have not had broadband for 16 days now and it has really affected my sons study leave for his exams.
Are other new customers experiencing the same?
Jimbo23
Dabbler

Update

Today is supposed to be my go live date. 17/05/23
Checked my order progress this morning and it showed everything complete apart from waiting to have the service activated.
Checked a short while ago and it has rolled all the way back to “checking your line”
I have tried sending private messages to the PN advisor who was keeping me updated but had no replies whatsoever.
Everyone seems to be having issues getting connected at the moment.
We have been a month without broadband and it’s getting a bit fraught in our house.
I’m just praying it does come on at some point today 🙏
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @Jimbo23 I'm really sorry for the delays in getting you up and running.

I've just been checking over your order and the activation is still due to go ahead today, they can complete at any time up until 23:59 so I hope that comes on sooner rather than later.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Jimbo23
Dabbler

Update

My service didn’t go live on the date promised so lied too on more than one occasion.
If I hadn’t waited this long I would just cancel and try someone else but my wife and kids would be far from happy. This is poor from a company tan by BT.
Not Happy!!
banjomir
Grafter
Fixes: 1

What will be @adamwalker explanation now?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @banjomir Nice to speak on the phone with you earlier, please take a look at my reply to your other post regarding this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Jimbo23
Dabbler

Still not connected. 33 days since my order. omg it’s a nightmare. Openreach said by 23:59 tonight but I very sceptical.
This is an absolute nightmare!!
Please someone help.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @Jimbo23 Cheers for your patience with this, I'm glad to see it's active now. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team