cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Order

HELMSLEY01439
Dabbler

New Order

I placed an order on the 22nd March to switch my existing phone and broadband service from SKY to PlusNet… With SKY I have their Voip service and when I asked the man who placed my new PlusNet order if I’d get Voip or revert back to a PSTN line, he didn’t actually know - - - does anyone on the PlusNet Community know the answer please?
Thank You
5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

Re: New Order

@HELMSLEY01439  Welcome to the forum.

You will revert back to PSTN.  Plusnet do not have a VoIP service.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@HELMSLEY01439 Welcome to the forums. As it stands at the moment, you will need a PSTN service. PN do not currently offer a VoIP service, and until they reveal their FTTP offerings, we don't know what ancillary service they will supply - if any.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Hello,

A warm welcome to the forums.

The short answer is "Yes, you switch back to PTSN for voice" and that is where the "fun" starts!

You are more than likely on a SOGEA line (broadband only service) for which the "migrate to a different provider" journey, until very recently, needed to go through an exception process requiring manual intervention.  SOGEA line migration is an issue which the SUs have been monitoring - we understand that the process is now fully automated, so hopefully there will not be a need to post here again on your migration.

If you do have problems or concerns, by all means ask - staff are around most of the time, but a bit thin on the ground on a Sunday.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

@jab1 

For info Sky’s default seems to be to use VoIP on new FTTC connections. I have recently had to sort out a neighbours phones for this very reason as it totally screws up existing extension wiring.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Cheers for that information, @Baldrick1  - good job I never consider them for any service. 😉  Not that it makes any difference to me - I'm quite happy with my 40/10 service from Zen, which is a good job as our local exchange is currently in the last tranche too even offer FTTP.

John