Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Broadband Order Delay

alexfan
Dabbler

New Broadband Order Delay

Hi all,

I ordered a new broadband set up on the 10/11/2022. It is now the 3/12/22 and it is still not set up.

It should have been set up accordingly to the timeline in the registration email for the 17/11/22.

I called the customer support general line (waited for 45mins to get through) and the operator ordered my router which has since arrived but also said I should receive an email update of an expected date that the broadband line would be ready.

I haven't received any update.

I would like my services to be set up asap, compensation for the delay from the 17/11/22 and a refund on the first months payment (as I have paid for the first months services, however what am I paying for if nothing is set up?).

Thanks

Alex

Tags (3)
20 REPLIES 20
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: New Broadband Order Delay

Delayed orders

There are a multitude of reasons why order processing might be reported as delayed and usually it is nothing to be too concerned about, but there are exceptions. The following are some of the common causes of orders being delayed...

• The user told their existing supplier that they are moving and the consequential action by their existing supplier will prevent any new ISP placing orders to take over the service - this needs affirmative action with the existing supplier
  • The existing circuit to the property cannot be identified in BT Openreach's systems due to errors in their data - this can give rise to the need for special processes (ORDI and Bridge cases) with BTOR to correct THEIR data
  • Something was not quite right with the order raised by Plusnet - these are usually sorted quickly
  • BT Openreach do not have engineering resources available in the usual timeframe

To see what is happening in detail, check the ticket history on your account - log into the portal in another tab, return here and click the PN TICKET link below. Look at the details of the tickets; if there appears to be no recent activity, contact support.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

alexfan
Dabbler

I spoke with them on the 30/11 and they said they will look into it with a email update the next day but nothing was received. Note that this is not a move over from an existing supplier aswell.

Can you tell me how to check ticket history?

Can you also please escalate this matter with a member of staff as it has been about a month since I first registered and so this is getting beyond ridiculous. Not a good way to start with Plusnet. We just want out internet organised. Thanks

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

As per the above - log into the member centre then click the PN Tickets link.

A staffer will get to this when they can.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @alexfan, sorry for the delays to your order and the issues getting in touch. Can you either reply back to this post with a ticket number or send me a PM with your username? If you need to do the latter you' just need to get your post count up to 5 first.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
alexfan
Dabbler

Here are my ticket numbers:
Question ID 

alexfan
Dabbler

User name:
[Removed]

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Cheers Alexfan, there seems to be an issue with the records for your line as they show that no broadband services are available to order and we know that's not the case. We've raised that with Openreach for you and should have an update in the next day or two. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
alexfan
Dabbler

Thanks Adam,

Has there been any update? its been 3 days since Tuesday and haven't heard anything.

Are you able to follow up and prioritise please.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Alex, I've just chased that up again for you and have added an update to your account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=229566670 sorry that we're no further forward yet. I'll check back on this on Monday for you by which point the records issue should have been fixed for us. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
alexfan
Dabbler

Hi Adam.

Hope you had a good break.

What is the status in the broadband? It’s been almost 2 months since I signed up and still nothing. I hope there can be compensation for this time without internet.

Please update asap thanks.

Alex
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there Alex, I did thanks, hope you enjoyed the festive period too!

I'm really sorry you didn't hear back from us about this. I've checked your account and can  see that a colleague has placed a new order for us and your connection is due to activate on 11/1/23.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Alex, I've just checked and can see that the activation has gone through now, have you had chance to try the connection out yet?

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
alexfan
Dabbler

Hi Adam,

Yes its working which is great. Thank you and everyone for the help!

The final request, I'm wanting to know about the compensation. I spoke with Michael over the phone and he mentioned I should be eligible.

I signed up on the 6th November and received the email that our new phone service will be ready in 2-4 working days. Then our broadband to be ready in a further 5-7 working days.

Are you able to help confirm please.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sure Alex, I've added a ticket to your account about that here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=230560097

Please have a look when you can and let me know back on here when you've responded.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team