Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need for an engineer

FIXED
Walter21
Hooked

Need for an engineer

Hi everyone, I have just signed upto the unlimited fibre extra deal. At the end of signing up it stated an engineer will visit the house. What’s this for? Thanks in advance for your help 👍

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Need for an engineer

@Walter21  Welcome to the forum.

Do you already have a working landline? If so does this specifically say that an 'engineer' will actually visit your property?

A technician visit is required to the exchange or the street cabinet, but will only need to visit your property if there is a problem with the connection. Normally you will get a message from Plusnet saying that the connection is up and running. Note this should not be confused advising you on the day that it will be connected, which will come in much earlier. Once advised that it's ready (which can be any time up until midnight) you plug in your hub and it sets itself up automatically.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Welcome aboard @Walter21

Yep I can confirm you won't need an engineer visit as we're taking over a line from another provider.

Your services should go live with us on the 18th November anytime up to midnight, you may have a small gap in service if you're moving from another provider but it hopefully shouldn't be for long.

Let us know if you have any issues Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Walter21
Hooked

Thanks Baldrick 1, for your response. Plusnet staff have confirmed I don’t need an engineer to visit 😀