cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My product change is wrongly promising to remove my home phone tomorrow! Aaargh!

kmw350
Rising Star

My product change is wrongly promising to remove my home phone tomorrow! Aaargh!

Please help, as I am very concerned right now.

I chose a new contract as my old one is coming to an end.

I chose Unlimited Fibre Extra AND I chose to keep my Anytime call plan. Total £32.32 per month for 18 months.

But the email I received told me I would lose my home phone when the contract starts tomorrow.

So I phoned the help line, and the operator helped me, cancleed it and re-ordered the change, assuring me it would now go through correctly.

But I have now received another email, exactly the same, confirming once more that I will get Fibre Extra and LOSE my home phone!!

What must I do? Get back in the phone queue and go through it again, or just pray that it is an error and I might still have my phone after tomorrow?

Please, can any Plusnet staff check what is going on for me?

Thank you

(BTW, I'm not complaining about the operator I spoke to, I'm sure he went through the process for me, but something is definitely going wrong and I don't want to sit back and wait to see what happens - it will be much more complicated (and more expensive) if I have to call tomorrow on a mobile to try and get my phone re-instated).

9 REPLIES 9
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: My product change is wrongly promising to remove my home phone tomorrow! Aaargh!

Hey @kmw350

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm really sorry to hear what's going on here. I've not been able to find your account through your community forum profile though. Are you able to send em a direct message with your account username?

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
kmw350
Rising Star

Re: My product change is wrongly promising to remove my home phone tomorrow! Aaargh!

Message sent, including username and ticket numbers, thank you for looking into this

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks a lot for providing me with the details via PM. I'm responding publicly as it may help other community members.

Our "Anytime" call plan is being replaced by "Unlimited UK and Mobile Calls" plan, which is why the agent who put through your new contract may not have been able to get it processed correctly.

Please log into your member centre to check your active products tomorrow, if your new call plan is not displayed, let us know and we'll give you a quick call to get it sorted. We may need to take an up front payment of £9.41 on the call, which will cover your call plan for the month.

Adam
kmw350
Rising Star

Thanks for your help, but I don't understand why the product was available for me to choose or keep, if it is no longer available.

And why can't it be implemented now so that there is no danger of losing my home phone tomorrow? (Why must we wait for it to fail before we put it right, when I am ready and willing to choose the correct option before that happens?).

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's due to a system issue on our side @kmw350 that's affected other customers as wel, our team are working hard to get it resolved as soon as possible. Whatever happens  tomorrow, you'll still be able to make outgoing calls, and any chargeable calls will be refunded. It might even be that the call plan remains on the account as it is, in which case no changes will need to be made.

I've made a note of your account to review tomorrow morning when I'm in at 10PM, and will follow up with you then. Smiley

Adam
kmw350
Rising Star

OK Adam, that's understood thanks. I'll see what happens tomorrow, fingers crossed.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Cool, free free to give me a shout in the meantime if you need anything else. Smiley

Adam
kmw350
Rising Star

Broadband speeds are up to 44 today which is great, and it looks like my new contract broadband and call plan are now displaying the correct information on my account page.

Thank you very much @adam945 for your help Smiley

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Great stuff  @kmw350

Thanks a lot for letting us know, and I'm glad to hear that you're getting much better speeds now too. Please feel free to reach out if you have any issues with your service, we'll be more than happy to help. Smiley

Adam