cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My order keeps being cancelled.

danielgoose

My order keeps being cancelled.

I recently tried to set up broadband at my new house I’ve moved into. However I’ve had this happen with both TalkTalk and now Plusnet, my orders are cancelled even though I obviously never did this. I have an open reach BT port in my house that I just assume I’d plug the router into and then it would be fine. Why is my order being cancelled? Also will I receive the money back that I have already paid for the first month of service? Is there any way my order can be made active again? I literally used openreaches website to get to plusnet so I’m not sure why openreach would cancel the orders.
7 REPLIES 7
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: My order keeps being cancelled.

@danielgoose 

Hopefully a member of staff will pick up on this - there's obviously a system problem sonewhere. It could be the previous owner cancelled their phone service which puts a manditory 10 working day hold on new orders.

As for your payment it takes effect from your first day of service which becomes your billing date so it's not "lost".

Brian

danielgoose

Good to hear that about my payment.

So if there is a 10 day hold for previous cancellation, will I then have to wait another 10 working days that was recommended to set up the broadband? It was originally meant to be up and running on 05/03/22, but if my order is cancelled will I have to place another order and pay again?
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@danielgoose 

Once a staff member picks up and this and finds out what the problem is they can replace your order manually. There will be no further charge.

You could try phoning the Sales Team - I don't have a number for them and can't see it on their website.

Brian

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hiya @danielgoose,

I'm really sorry this is happening and I can fully appreciate the frustrations this is causing. 

I have checked this for you and it does appear that the current provider of the line at that address is cancelling our orders.

Is it yourself that is with that current provider or the previous occupants?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
danielgoose

Hi,

I believe it is the previous tenant is with the provider. However they have already moved out so I assume they are on a 10 day cooldown thing after they have cancelled? I am going to get in touch with them, should I ask them to stop saying no to the changeover?

Thanks

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

I would contact the tenant and ask them if they are moving the current service to their new property and if not can they stop cancelling the requests so that we can take over the line.

If they are moving the service I would need to wait for them to do this before I can replace the orders.

Can you get back to me once you know what they are planning and I can help further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
danielgoose

Hi,

I’ve had a chat with my landlord and it turns out they handle the WiFi and I just didn’t realise.

Could I please cancel my order completely and request a refund please?

Thanks