Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home and delayed transfer

FIXED
Anonymous
Not applicable

Moving home and delayed transfer

Hi all,

So I’m 12 days in a new home, 200 yards from my old home. I called PlusNet a week or so before I moved and the phone and Fibre broadband transfer was all set for a couple of days after I moved.

Nothing happened, so a few calls to PN and I had someone on the case. They said they would now have to move my phone line first and then order new Fibre BB second.

The phone line became active within a few days, but not the BB. Some phone calls later (and several 60 minute call queues) and I’m now told that a Bridge Case has been opened with OpenReach and I have to wait another 5 working days for that to clear before my order for Fibre can continue.

PN don’t seem to know when this order will complete or why it has been delayed. Depending on who I speak to I get varying answers, including being told it’s because my new line is using FTTP - it was defiantly not.

All in all I’m going to be at least 3 weeks in without internet, maybe longer, who knows.

What I’m wondering is a few things...

1/ can PN pay for a 30 day contract with EE for a Mobile router and plan? c.£70
2/ can my line be activated any quicker with ADSL while waiting for Bridge Case to clear with OR, then upgrade to Fibre later?
3/ can I exit my PN contract due to failings and use someone who will at least answer the phone in less than an hour?

Any help or guidance would be great 👍🏻
3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Re: Moving home and delayed transfer

Hi there.

Sorry to see your home move order is delayed.

Unfortunately this was because the order got stuck within the Openreach systems and needed a bridge case(essentially, a task) raised with a back-end team to investigate further.

I've checked the order today and I'm afraid I can see it's showing as cancelled. This can sometimes be done if an order is stuck in such a way that it can't be progressed either automatically or manually.

I've tried to replace it now, but line records are incorrectly showing that broadband is already enabled on the line, which is stopping us from getting an order placed. I've raised this(ref: 672141) with our suppliers to investigate this.

Once the line shows as clear (which should be within 5 working days depending on the work needed to sort that out), we'll replace the order for you and request it's expedited.

1/ can PN pay for a 30 day contract with EE for a Mobile router and plan? c.£70

Unfortunately we can't cover the costs incurred if you choose to use an alternative supply of internet, but we'll be happy to offer you a gesture of goodwill when your house move completes and you're up and running.

2/ can my line be activated any quicker with ADSL while waiting for Bridge Case to clear with OR, then upgrade to Fibre later?

Sadly not, as there can only ever be one order in place at any one time. Even though that order is showing as cancelled, due to the issue with the line records we can't get any type of broadband order in place.

3/ can I exit my PN contract due to failings and use someone who will at least answer the phone in less than an hour?

Apologies for the long call queues, we're aware of this and we're taking steps to bring the wait times down.

Regarding cancellation, you'll need to call our customer options team on 0800 013 2632, however it's likely you'll incur a cancellation fee as you'll fall back on the previous contract, which we wrote off on the basis you'd be staying with us. 

I've moved your ticket 184605052 to my teams workflow so the social media team can take ownership of this for you and we'll update you when we know more.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, still no joy on this.
I’ve updated the ticket with some extra information after speaking to an OpenReach engineer. Please can you review it?
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Fix

Hello @Anonymous

I am deeply sorry for the delay in connecting our services to your new premises.

I have looked into your response and updated your ticket. You can view my response by Clicking Here

Many thanks.