Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from Sky to Plusnet Broadband

FIXED
thenesh
Hooked

Moving from Sky to Plusnet Broadband

Hi all,

I've just signed up to get Plusnet Fibre Broadband, moving from Sky Standard Broadband. My Sky contract ends today 02/09/2021 so signing up today has worked perfectly timing wise.

I was wondering if Plusnet will get in contact with Sky to move my service over and for Sky to collect their router from my house? I havent had to swap providers before so I have no clue of the process so if someone could enlighten me that would be great!

Thanks all in advance 🙂
11 REPLIES 11
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Moving from Sky to Plusnet Broadband

Fix

Welcome to the forums, @thenesh As moving ISPs is 'Gaining Provider Lead' you can leave all the transfer work to Plusnet.

Two points though - You haven't told Sky you are moving, have you - if not they will continue to supply you at 'out-of-contract' prices until PN take over - which should ensure no loss of service, and you will have to arrange return of the Sky router yourself - that is not Plusnets responsibility.

John
thenesh
Hooked

Hi John,

Thankyou for the welcome and getting back to me so soon.

I have not yet told Sky about moving so will most likely phone them later today. I have already been charged the out-of-contract price for 1 month but thats fine. So I presume the best thing to do is to phone Sky to organise returning the router?

Thanks again
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Don't contact Sky at all - leave it to Plusnet. You can always return the router once you are fully set up with Plusnet.

John
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @thenesh

Welcome to both Plusnet and our online Community Forum.

good job you didn't contact Sky, they may have placed a pending cease order on the line. Anyway, I've now manually placed the orders to take over the working services on your line, requesting a switch date of 13/09 - bare in mind though that this can change.

Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions at all.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to My Order.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
thenesh
Hooked

Hi Adam,

Thankyou for the greeting Smiley

Thankyou for sorting this for me and clearing everything up! with regards to the switch date being 13/09, is there any chance it can be sooner? I completely understand if not but its always worth asking the question (trying to game on non-fibre broadband is doing my head in haha)

Kind Regards,

Dan

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @thenesh,

I'm afraid that we wouldn't be able to bring this date any further forwards at this stage. As Adam's said, this may be subject to change, but we'll let you know in advance if we believe it's going to be delayed for any reason. Finger's crossed this won't happen, but we're always here if you need any assistance with the account, so please don't hesitate to get back in touch if there are any problems Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
thenesh
Hooked

Hi again,

I have just got back from my holiday, plugged my router in and still have no broadband.

Earlier in the thread 13/09 was mentioned as the changeover date so I was hoping to get home, plug in and be all up and running.

I understand this was a target date as opposed to set in stone, however, I have had no emails or text messages of any kind updating me on this.

Would one of the moderators please be able to help clarify this for me and get the broadband changeover sorted asap.

Thankyou in advance

Dan
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Dan, I'm really sorry to see you can't get online after your activation date. I've looked into this for you and I can see the order's stuck in the supplier system and hasn't completed as we'd expect. 

I've chased this up with our suppliers helpdesk just now, and they've passed it to the relevant team to fix . We've been given a review date of the 22nd when we should have an update but it may be sorted sooner.

As soon as we know more, we'll let you know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
thenesh
Hooked

Hi Gandalf,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly 🙂

So with it getting stuck in the suppliers system, what could cause this?

I appreciate you helping me getting this fixed.

Kind regards,
Dan
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problem Dan, there's a great many of things that can cause an order to become stuck in the supplier systems.

We haven't been given the specific reason in this case but they're working to resolve as soon as possible. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet