Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving House

Tristramd
Dabbler

Moving House

Hi Smiley

I’ve recently moved house on the 19th and informed plusnet. They couldn’t put a order in until previous occupants Broadband order ceased (Plusnet). Order placed on 20th October (tracking no 5-868746159507). I’ve been told activation date 02/11/2021.

Does it really take 2 weeks for broadband to be activated? This is the longest I’ve had to wait ever, and working from home, my Three mobile signal isn’t great and Teams meetings is embarrassing 😳

Thanks Smiley
11 REPLIES 11
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Moving House

Hiya @Tristramd, thanks for getting in touch.

Fibre orders do generally take around 7-10 working days to complete as it's depending on engineer availability, I am really sorry for the inconvenience that is caused in the meantime.

Should you have any further queries in the meantime, please do just get back to us!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Tristramd
Dabbler

Hi Lauren Smiley

Thanks for your reply :). Can orders sometimes become active before the date, or does it generally become active on the date?

Also my hub is plugged in and powered on, should I turn it off until the 2nd?

Thanks again Smiley
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm afraid usually it is the date we have been given that the order completes and likely won't complete sooner Sad It can take up to midnight on the day to complete.

It may be worth turning off your router for the time being as it won't connect until the order is complete anyway.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Tristramd
Dabbler

Thank you Smiley

Is it normal not to have a dial tone on the line at the moment?
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me. You would still usually have a dial tone on the line but as the order is still open we're not able to investigate this further at this point.

If once the order completes the dial tone hasn't returned, get back to us so that we can assist you further.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Tristramd
Dabbler

I forgot to ask. Does my old telephone number(showing on my account) stay the same or will it change? (Ive only moved 3 doors up lol)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problem @Tristramd thanks for getting back to us.

Yep I can confirm we're keeping your landline number the same Smiley

Let us know if you've got any further queries.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Tristramd
Dabbler

Morning all Smiley

I noticed my hub had connected this morning. Tried a speed test and I’m only getting 37 down and about 10 up (half the speeds) and no dial tone.

Should I wait until the 2nd before logging a fault. Sounds like I’m only getting connection down 1 wire in the pair..
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Tristramd

I'm glad to see you're up and running earlier than we expected although with your service limping away.

Yeah I'd recommend waiting until the order's completed as we can't log a fault with Openreach until it has been.

It can take anytime up to midnight on the 2nd to complete so could you post back on the 3rd?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Tristramd
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf

Many thanks for your reply on a Sunday Smiley

I will keep an eye on it and report back.

Ps is it ok for me to use Plusnet now? I’ve been struggling with using my Three network as a hotspot running at 2meg haha
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @Tristramd, haha yeah that's perfectly fine. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet