cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Home to FTTP enabled property

piyushsharma79

Moving Home to FTTP enabled property

Hi - I am currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra 66MB broadband plan at my current property. We are moving home and the new address is FTTP enabled. I called up Plusnet on 04th Aug and requested for a home move and chose the "Full Fibre 145 MB" plan. I selected the activation date as18 Aug (date of moving) and the agent asked me the date of ceasing the current plan at the current address (which as per the agent has to be before 18 Aug activation of FTTP plan at new address). I chose the date of 17th Aug for deactivating the current plan at the current address. The agent also told me that since new address is already FTTP enabled and I also told him that I have the Openreach box in the property - the agent confirmed that there will be no engineer visit required and that the new FTTP plan will simply be "activated" from the backend and all I have to do is connect the new router hub (that will be sent via post) to the Openreach FTTP box. 

Today, I noticed few emails pop up from Plusnet and one email stated that the engineer's visit is booked for 31 Aug and that is when the FTTP plan (which required no engineer visit as per the agent on phone) will be activated. I know that the "Full Fibre" is a totally new concept for Plusnet but can you get your basic approach aligned. The agent on phone says activation is from backend and no engineer visit required and all should be in place for 18 Aug activation. And then I see email updates wherein the activation is delayed till 31 Aug due to engineer's visit. Get your fact straight guys - someone is not being honest here. I hope that the backend team does realise that the "Full Fibre" technology does not require engineer visits (I read about it in detail over other sites)

Another thing that baffles me that the agent on phone and I could see the Full Fibre 145 MB plan for 24 months for £30.99 and the agent successfully placed the order. However, in the product update emails that arrived on 05th Aug - my order has been put on hold with a reason stating that there is no such product. Is the plusnet backend team (who are sending these weird order update emails) even aware that Plusnet has Full Fibre plans and that the 145 MB plan for 24 months costs £30.99 to the customer. I ask this because its clear from the responses seen so far that they are not aware of what full fibre is (does not require an engineer visit) and what full fibre products (and prices) is Plusnet offering

Regards,

Piyush

7 REPLIES 7
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Moving Home to FTTP enabled property

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Hi @piyushsharma79 

I ask this because its clear from the responses seen so far that they are not aware of what full fibre is (does not require an engineer visit) and what full fibre products (and prices) is Plusnet offering

Only if the property already has perviously had an 'active' ( as opposed to 'available' ) FTTP service would an engineer visit possibly not be required. Whilst waiting for a staff member to clarify your situation , if you would like to post the results from the BT availability checker https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL ( redact any personal information ) then knowledgable people on the forum may be able to clarify

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@piyushsharma79 

If you post the results of the Checker, make sure to include the narrative about FTTP shown below the results window. This should tell if there's an active ONT at the property.

If your phone number matters look to port it out to a VOIP provider on the17th.

Brian

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@piyushsharma79  You may need to use the Address version of the checker if you do not know the phone number at the property or if it is FTTP only there may not be a number.

piyushsharma79

Hi All - Here is the result from the BT Broadband Availability Checker url with address redacted. I do not want a landline number as its a nuisance anyways with only telemarketing calls coming on it all the time and the last time I used a landline to call someone was back in 2011 Smiley Its an old technology that has lived past its expiry date. I can also confirm that the new home already has ONT installed in the cupboard under the staircase.

Regards,

Piyush

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@piyushsharma79  So you have an ONT installed but it has no active service, if has never been in use that may mean that an Openreach engineer visit may be required to activate the ONT by registering it's serial number onto the system. That could be the reason for the later appointment date but it does seem an excessive wait for the service to be started. I would certainly push Plusnet to get it done earlier.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Piyush,

We've got in touch with our suppliers helpdesk today who have advised that their systems have said a remote activation won't work here, so we need an engineer to activate your FTTP service at your new property.

However if you want me to give it a go, I'm happy to cancel the installation order and replace it as a remote activation. It's worth noting that this may ultimately delay things further if it turns out we do need an engineer. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet