Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Activation

FIXED
sledge22

Line Activation

Good afternoon.

I want to describe my situation: I made an order on 18th October. While doing that I was told literally this "Activating your phone service should take 2 to 4 full working days. Your broadband will then be activated 5 to 7 full working days after this."

I called to the Support on 25th Oct, and the result was sending me the Router( that I have already received) and I was assured that by the end of 28th Oct I should have the Internet. We did not connect the router, since there was a warning - don't connect until you have an email with confirmation. And today I called the Support once more - and was told that the order is still not ready it might be ready by Monday, but if it is not ready please call us. Since, I critically need the Internet for my work, and as it is seen that there are some delays, could you please tell me the exact date when the Internet will appear?

Regards,

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Line Activation

Fix

Thanks for your post @sledge22 and welcome to our Community Forums.

From what I can see your broadband order completed with our suppliers yesterday afternoon and we activated your account today at around 15:30. Really sorry for the delay. We sent you an email at the time confirming your broadband service is now up and running. Can you connect your router up? Let me know if there are any issues.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
sledge22

@Gandalf  Thank you for the quick answer. I asked my wife to connect the router to the line. She connected it to the OpenReach socked turned it on, waited for 3-4 minutes until the light got blue, managed to connect to wi-fi and browsed a couple of sites. It seems to work, and I will have the Internet on Monday. For now - it looks like a story with a happy end=). Guys, If something, let me ping you=).

Have a great weekend! 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to me @sledge22

Awesome, I'm glad to see you're up and running now. ‌Thumbs_Up

No problem, aye let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with and I hope you have a good weekend too! 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet