cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left with no broadband!, Plusnet, Openreach or both?

lambert010661
Hooked

Left with no broadband!, Plusnet, Openreach or both?

Signed up to Plusnet Full Fibre on 5th September and selected 3rd October AM for my Openreach installation date.

Waited in all day but no Openreach engineer turned up. Phoned Plusnet and told Openreach had never confirmed the date. Why wasn’t I informed of this?
Old supplier still working so not the end of the world, until……5th October broadband stops. Old supplier account has been terminated. Contacted them and informed that Plusnet issued a 30 day termination notice to them on the day I first signed up and, having received no further communication, that was acted upon on 5th October.

Result….no broadband and no idea when I might get broadband. 
Help, please!

20 REPLIES 20
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Re: Left with no broadband!, Plusnet, Openreach or both?

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Full Fibre to My Order

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

ScottyKernow
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Not any real help but BT caused the same problem for me

Got a Tesco data sim and used my phone as a hotspot, worked great

Was a bit slow with 2 tablets and 2 phones working off it though

BT refunded me the cost of the sim afterwards

Best of luck

lambert010661
Hooked

Great idea, thanks. 
Just found a Smarty sim with 50GB of data for £10/monthly rolling contract. Fingers crossed the speed is good enough to cope with my streaming addiction.

Are mobile hotspots the future??? Goodbye Openreach?Huh

ScottyKernow
Rising Star

You'll be fine as long as you don't stream 4k ultra hd

😉

There's no 5g around here, that would probably make the biggest difference

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Hi @lambert01661,
50 GB might not go far if you have streaming addiction.
HD video can use a few GB per hour.
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-much-data-does-streaming-video-use/
Regards
Richard

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to see what has happened. When you move to us from another provider, we place our FTTP order in a way which automatically cancels your previous providers service, but that shouldn't happen until our service is installed.

I do see that for some reason the cease order completed in the supplier systems too early and I'm really sorry for this. 

All we can do at this stage is work to get your full fibre service installed as quickly as possible. Additionally the engineer appointment for the 3rd October wasn't ever confirmed in our suppliers systems, because engineers are having to do external work first before they're able to carry out the installation to get the service up and running.

We've been given a review date of the 24h October and we'll update you as soon as we know more. If it helps, we're signed up to Ofcom's automatic compensation scheme, which means we'll make sure you're compensated once you're up and running. Have a look https://www.plus.net/help/legal/automatic-compensation/ for more detail. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lambert010661
Hooked

Hi.

Review date of 24th October has come and gone…almost….but still no word on when I might be getting my broadband. Please update me.

Mobile internet is ok but my mum keeps calling me on FaceTime and oh boy does that eat up the data!!

ScottyKernow
Rising Star

Block her
Smiley
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @lambert010661,

Thank you for getting back to us and I'm very sorry for the lack of an update so far. I've had a look into this today and have discussed with our suppliers. Further network building work is required to be carried out and we have been advised that another update will become available by the 4th of November. I am very sorry for any inconvenience that this further delay may have caused. Our Provisioning Team is continuing to monitor this case and once an update does become available, they will be in touch to discuss this further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
lambert010661
Hooked

Need someone to help PLEASE!

Last week Openreach visited to identify the work needed for the upgrade to full fibre.

A plan to lay the fibre cables was agreed and I was told to expect the work to be done in approximately 2 weeks.

On Saturday 5th Nov I had a message from Plusnet to say some sort of visit would take place on Thursday 10th Nov. It was unclear from the message whether this was another evaluation visit or to do the work.

Today I have received a message to tell me my go live installation date is 10th January 2023!!!
Firstly, I am away on holiday on that date, and secondly it is far too long to wait for a service I signed up to in September. Especially given that due to an error by Plusnet my previous provider was told to end my provision over a month ago.

Can somebody please advise me if I am indeed to expect a site visit tomorrow, and change to go live date to much earlier. If the date cannot be brought forward I believe the order should be cancelled and I will find a non full fibre provider instead.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Oh crumbs!

That sounds as though BT OR have run into difficulty deploying full fibre in your area ... and if you are in a stop-sell xDSL services area, you might not be able to get an alternative service - from any ISP.

Use the address checker to see what is available - BT Broadband (btwholesale.com) - I have experience of 3 lines into the same property, 2 having FTTC available ... and the other being on xDSL stop sell.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

lambert010661
Hooked

Thanks for the link. Seems like there are still options in my area.

Still waiting for a reply from Plusnet though. 
Am I spending today waiting in for a visit that is not happening….again!…..and what are the options on the installation date as I am away on the proposed 2023 date.

Cancel the contract?

Please let me know what is happening. Tried to block my mum from FaceTime but she threatened to disinherit me!

ScottyKernow
Rising Star

Give your mum the facetime page for Plusnet
I'm sure she would love to talk to them instead
😈
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @lambert010661,

I'm sorry to hear that the orders are taking longer to complete than originally anticipated. Having had a look over the orders today, I can see that our Provisioning Team are due to provide an update soon, though from what I can gather this will mainly be to confirm the installation date in January. If the date chosen doesn't work for you, we can rearrange it to another date, but it's very unlikely that we'll be able to bring the date forward at all.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team