cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left with no Broadband... New customer

Thirsty
Hooked

Left with no Broadband... New customer

No broadband connection (full fibre) . Have been trying to get through to anybody via phone for over a week, no one avaiable. New customer extremely not impressed. I want to cancel my account now as Plusnet has wasted so much time. I've been emailed a go live date of over a month away! Seriously?Huh
I want to cancel but can't as no one answers phones...
14 REPLIES 14
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 408

Re: Left with no Broadband... New customer

I've been emailed a go live date of over a month away! Seriously

yes, it all depends on Openreach engineer availability in your area. That sort of  timescale for fttp installs is not uncommon at the moment. That the engineers are involved in a series of strikes doesn't help...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

… and will impact all ISPs the same.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Thirsty
Hooked

Thanks for your reply but as a new customer - I have tried for 3 weeks solidly to speak to someone on the phone, no one is answering! I am sat here without a clue what is happening, no updates no communications. A single email saying the setup will complete in December - a full month without broadband. 

The new full fibre lead is sat outside -ready, the new plusnet broadband box is sat inside -ready...what is happening now exactly? 4 days of strikes in October, it's now November....

Never experienced this poor level of service before by any provider. Truly regretting this move to Plusnet.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I'm really sorry that you're without a connection at the moment and that it's taking much much longer than we'd like to get our service set up for you. 

It does seem that there's an evident issue with engineer resource in your area that's causing significant delays, I've just been in touch with Openreach to check if anything sooner than 5/12 has since become available and they've changed that to 23/11/22 for me. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Thirsty
Hooked

Hi,

Thank you for looking into this - is this to setup the new Full Fibre internally (connect fibre & new router)?

Will I get an email confirmation for this please?

At least you have confirmed the engineer shortage and it not being hersay. I will check daily for this updated engineer visit date.

Re phones - how come I can never get through? (I have held between 30 minutes to an hour on most attempts) 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem at all, I've confirmed the new appointment on a ticket for you, here's a direct link: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=229026379 The external work is all done so yes this is to get your full fibre service installed

I'm really sorry for the long waits on the phone too, we've been under much greater demand than anticipated recently and we're doing our best to better meet that going forward, feel free to reach out on here if you need any further help though.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Thirsty
Hooked

"No problem at all, I've confirmed the new appointment on a ticket for you, here's a direct link: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=229026379 The external work is all done so yes this is to get your full fibre service installed"

I appreciate this moving forward to a closer time.

Re phone lines, perhaps I have been spoilt with the option to 'Chat' for assistance in the past (with previous ISP etc), if your phone lines are chock-a-block, could this be a future development - help alleviate some of the more simple queries to take pressure off. 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there, it's unlikely as it's something we've done in the past and have moved away from in favour of forums and social media as support channels.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Thirsty
Hooked

Hi,

I've yet to receive **any** form of communication (or update) from either Plusnet or Openreach regarding the installation date mentioned above? Please can you confirm? Is it happening today - if so what time?

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hey @Thirsty,

I'm very sorry to hear that you've not had any further updates in the meantime. I've had a look over the orders this morning and an appointment is still scheduled in for today. If you require any further assistance following the visit, please let us know and we'll be more than happy to help out Smiley

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Thirsty
Hooked

Hi, thanks for response. FInger crossed then! 

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No worries, hopefully things are up and running by the end of the day Smiley

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Thirsty
Hooked

Engineer has (just) installed new full fibre line internally / setup new Plusnet router  - tested and all working. Thanks for you help on this.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm glad to hear it's up and running now! Just let us know if you run into any issues with the service and we'll be more than happy to help out Smiley

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team