cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline switch

Hooch

Landline switch

I am switching my broadband and landline services to plusnet, I chose the 7th of march for my switching date because I'll be off work that week so any interruptions in service won't be an issue. However I have just received an email from BT (my old landline provider) saying that I'm leaving them on the 15th of feb, and an email from plus net saying my new phone service will start on the 17th. Does this mean I won't have a working landline phone for a few days? Will it affect the broadband from my current provider?

8 REPLIES 8
Hooch

Re: Landline switch

Now I've had a text saying my broadband will be switched on the 18th of feb! Has my choice of switching date just been ignored?

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

@Hooch  if a staff member does not pop into this thread, I suggest giving them a ring.

You should be able to get your service switched on the date you requested given you have given them over a month's notice.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for getting in touch @Hooch and I'm sorry for the contradicting information here. With you signing up on 01/02/2022, we'd have never been able to take over the working services on your line by 07/02/2022, as we have to give the losing provider at lease 10 working days notice that we're taking over.

We were able to request the 15th, which is likely why BT have sent you an email advising you of this, however Openreach have since had to push this back to 17/02/2022 due to engineer availability. BT shouldn't cut your services off in the meantime, and will be aware that the changeover date has changed. If you'd like to make sure of this with them, feel free to give them a call. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Hooch

Thanks for the reply, but I requested the 7th of MARCH, not feb! Is there any way to change the switch date now?

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

My bad, totally missed that, thanks for letting me know.

This doesn't appear to be mentioned on the account itself, so apologies for that. As it isn't mentioned on the account, we're going to need you to confirm the amendment on our ticketing system. I've just created a ticket, please respond to it confirming the requested amendment, and we'll get it sorted.

You can view and respond to the open ticket here.

Adam
Hooch

I think I've responded to that ticket, I added a comment and replied to the text I received. It said to respond in the member center but there was nothing there.

Hopefully that'll be it all sorted, thank you!

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's all be put through for you @Hooch

You should receive an updated activation date via email within the next 48 working hours. Smiley

Adam