cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet still not activated

mel-123
Hooked

Internet still not activated

Initial activation date was the 13th, still waiting. Messages/phonecalls/texts all say they will update in 24/48 hours with a resolution but still waiting. This forum has been helpful to see about BT strikes, why aren't plusnet telling us this? Any advice on how to get it activated sooner? As a household of homeworkers we are losing money, and the £5.25 compensation a day we should be entitled to isn't going to pay the mortgage.

13 REPLIES 13
glynn1952

Re: Internet still not activated

Same problem here, but yours seems to be lasting longer than mine. Moved from Sky due to cost - maybe you get what you pay for. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

@mel-123, I'm really sorry for the delay with getting you online. From what I can see this doesn't appear to be due to the strikes as all the engineering work is completed. The order is stuck in the supplier systems which is stopping your service from going live. As discussed via Twitter, we've been chasing this up regularly and we should know more on Monday. 

@glynn1952, same for your order, it's stuck and we're doing what we can to get you online as soon as possible. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
glynn1952

Your response tells me nothing! If I had known that Plusnet were bloody useless, I would never have signed up. 

When can we expect something happening? 

mel-123
Hooked

Would also love a realistic ETA. Please dont say 'we will know more in 24 hours' again!

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@mel-123  Unfortunately Plusnet cannot give you a definite response as they are relying on their suppliers to provide updates which are never quick. It's really frustrating but there's nothing you can do about it.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @Mel123 I've just checked your account and can see the connection went live yesterday. I'm really sorry for the poor start and hope everything is working as it should be for you. 

Please drop me a reply if there's any issues or anything else I can help with. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mel-123
Hooked

All working now thank you

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Great, thanks for confirming and do shout up any time if you need any help Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
greenfinch

Please could someone check when my broadband will change to fibre?
Initial date was meant to be 14/10/22 which was delayed to 24/10/22, but that was a strike day.
It was lucky I phoned to chase my router because it had not been ordered, plus I had not been told about the delay. Very helpful advisor re-ordered for me & told me I could use it straight away which has been good & will make the changeover smoother.
Please use email/text to keep me updated on progress -I feel left in the dark.
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hey @greenfinch,

I'm sorry to hear that you've not had an update on the order yet. I've taken a look into this and logged a support ticket on your account, which can be accessed here. 

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
mel-123
Hooked

The compensation I have been quoted doesnt match the number of days I was delayed by (using the date I was text to say it would be activated on). Ive tried emailing for a few weeks now. Any help please PlusNet?

mel-123
Hooked

How is the delay compensation calculated please? Is it using the date on the activation text? Thank you

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@mel-123 

Automatic Compensation | Help | Plusnet spells out the missed installation date compensation.

• You need to have a PROMISED date
  • You get paid from the promised date until the day before activation
  • You get "paid" as a credit to your account

So, if your PROMISED date was the 13th (see post 1) and installation took place on the 24th (see post 7), then that is 11 compensation days at £5.25.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.