cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Fibre Upgrade - Open Reach Engineer visit

alphacharlie

Full Fibre Upgrade - Open Reach Engineer visit

My Full Fibre order was due to be done on 27st August. I  had an email saying it had been moved to 14/9 so I called last week (lengthy wait and transferred around) and said that 14/9 wasn't suitable, please cancel. oddly 27/08 was available so booked. A second email arrived moving to 14/9 again and another "question" raised online to inform me there was another issue and I would receive a call from customer services, that was Friday and no call.

Is it really so hard to book and confirm the Openreach visits? one representative told me they are not done at the weekend and the other said weekend appointments are available and that why it was twice booked. Is it also to difficult to call if you say you will? or respond to the "question" you raised not me?

I don't want to wait in on Saturday if no one is coming and I don't want to go out if they are.........

3 REPLIES 3
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Full Fibre Upgrade - Open Reach Engineer visit

Hi @alphacharlie

I'm really sorry for the lack of communication you have had with your order delay, I can imagine how frustrating this is and the hassle it will have caused you. 

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you, we're really chocca at the moment and I can see you have spoken to a member of our team over the phone. 

Do you need any further help with this?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
alphacharlie

Sammy, the new hub has arrived today, can I set it up ahead of the Openreach visit so its all working? the instructions says not to connect the phone line I currently use in the older hub 1

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

Yeah the Hub 2 will work with your existing broadband if you swap it in place of the Hub 1. 

Once the engineer's installed your full fibre, you'll then need to plug the new hub into Openreach ONT box they'll fit. 

Let us know how it goes. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet