Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre or not??

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,605

Re: Fibre or not??

Yeah I understand the frustration, it's possible that a port was reserved but it's difficult to tell until the order is progressed. I'll make sure we escalate this appropriately if the next update doesn't move us forward.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Any updates on this sorry state of affairs @Gandalf.
I presume nothing will now be done by BTW or Or until Monday at the earliest. Now into 5th week since the supposed go live date 😡😡
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I received a response about an hour ago advising it has been further escalated with Openreach and to review on 11/03/2019 to which I asked if there's any way they can raise this any higher up. I'm holding off on replying to the ticket until I've got a response on that.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
penfold
Aspiring Pro

👍
Thanks for chasing.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
penfold
Aspiring Pro

@Gandalf
Thanks for the updates on the ticket. Is the network records issue possibly due to the fact that the cabinet is now full?Huh
I presume this is why the KCI2 hasn't been triggered, as the order cannot complete due to no fibre capacity?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've discussed this with @MatthewWheeler and we think that may very well be the case, but it's difficult to say definitively until this has been investigated by Openreach and they've come back to us with the outcome of their investigation. However normally if a fibre order is placed and it turns out there is no capacity while it's on its journey through the supplier systems, it'd normally fail pretty quickly and we'd be given a rejection code something along the lines of "No DSLAM ports available". It looks like we may have to ride this out and see what happens. Sad

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Thanks. Let's see what happens.... 🤔
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fingers crossed! I'll make sure I keep on top of this.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

In the background I thought I'd query this with the fibre enquiries team at Openreach by raising a formwize to them and I've received a reply back just now advising that FTTC is available and upon checking DSL Checker I can see it's no longer showing a waiting list. So far it's a good sign!

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Thanks @Gandalf 

Hopefully good news then. The adsl checker still tells me waiting list but you likely have more up to date information.   

With a bit of luck the DSO escalation will yeald a result....

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @penfold

I can see Anoush has taken this as a personal and will be in touch as soon as he has an update for you. 

You can follow his ticket here

Kind regards

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hey Penfold,

I've just checked again and DSL Checker does show a waiting list now.

I'd use the same website as you would when checking.

Looks like the availability dropped pretty quickly. That, or I was seeing things. However, the fibre enquiries team have confirmed FTTC is available, so based on that I'm hopeful the order will go through fine.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Just an update.... Now the 19th march and still no sign of this stuck order progressing. Its with the network records team who seem to need at least 48hrs to progress this.

Anoush is doing his utmost to progress this, but are there any steps I can take with OR, as this  is getting just silly now

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @penfold

I am really sorry for these delays that you have experienced with you mother in laws fibre upgrade, I appreciate that this is frustrating for you.

Unfortunately there are no direct steps that you can take with Openreach regarding this as they are not customer facing.

Anoush has been in contact today and will continue to provide you with all the information he is provided by our suppliers via the ticket for the order here