cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Activation

DA57
Dabbler

Fibre Activation

We were already a plusnet customer with our phone service and we decided to sign up for Fibre on 16/04/2018 moving from talktalk.

Which was a hassle straight away because the plusnet employee decided

to change our phone number of over 30 years without asking.

Luckily I checked the emails and found out and managed to keep our current number with the new account.

We received the new router two days after signing up, but haven’t received any more information regarding the fibre.

We need the fibre cables installing because we only have the standard phone cables. But we haven’t had any information when that will happen.

Our last bill with talktalk is on 01/05/2018

so in five days time our account with talktalk ends cutting the broadband off.

Any information will be great.

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Fibre Activation

Moderator's note:

Topic moved from Fibre Broadband to My Order.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Plusnet won't be installing any 'fibre cables.'

The service they provide is FTTC (Fibre to the cabinet) which provides the service over your existing phone line.

DA57
Dabbler

Ah so it’s not  FTTH

My mistake.

The reason I assumed that was because in my order it states.

Note: We'll aim to get your fibre and phone installed on the same day, wherever possible. However, two separate engineer visits may be required. ”

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Plusnet do offer a FTTP/H product but that's only on trial basis just now and is highly unlikely that would be available to you as having both products available is pretty rare.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Welcome to our community forums @DA57 and thanks for taking a broadband service.

Unfortunately due to the way we'd order broadband if you have a phone only account with us, our system would automatically try to place a phone order with a new number. I can see we've stopped that from happening.

I've checked your order and it's due to complete on the 30/04/2018 at any point up to midnight on the day. I'd expect your existing broadband service with your current provider to carry on working until our order completes.

Once this has completed, we'll manually move your phone service to your new dual play account.

Sorry for any inconvenience and concern this had caused. Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DA57
Dabbler

Thank you for your response @Gandalf

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems. To add to my previous reply, there may a little break in service on the day as the work is completed.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DA57
Dabbler

ok.

Thank you for letting me know.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems at all.

Let us know how you get on..

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet