Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer visit confirmation

FIXED
TeaBoyPaul
Hooked

Engineer visit confirmation

I placed an order (existing customer package change) for FTTP on 9th September with an engineer date of 3rd October.  I've heard nothing since and the engineer date is now only 1 week away.  Just wondered if there was any way of checking on progress and whether the engineer would be turning up next Monday or if this will now be some other date?

Many thanks,

Paul

10 REPLIES 10
clownfish
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Engineer visit confirmation

I am in the same boat except today is supposed to be the day 26/9) and I have  not heard a thing other than the original confirmation email from Plusnet.

Id also like to know how to check if they are coming today.  

clownfish
Rising Star

Engineer has arrived.  So no fir there communication sort from a phone call 10 minutes before he arrived.

TeaBoyPaul
Hooked

I suppose that is some positive news for you at least, although I’d hope for a little more advance warning!

Still interested to know if anyone from Plusnet can give me an update on this for my order?
clownfish
Rising Star

My experience suggests you won’t get any communication from Openreach before they turn up on the day.

Hopefully things go to plan for you as they did me.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Fix

Hi there @TeaBoyPaul, I've just checked and the engineer visit is definitely due to take place between 08:00 and 13:00 on 3/10/22 so I can confirm that for you. 

Please do give me a shout if there's anything else I can help with. 

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
TeaBoyPaul
Hooked

That is great, thanks for confirming Adam.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No worries Paul! I hope everything goes smoothly for you and feel free to tag or message me anytime if you need any help from us. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
TeaBoyPaul
Hooked

@adamwalker So, 1pm has been and gone.  No sign of an Openreach van 🙄.  What is the likelihood of an engineer turning up now?  I appreciate this isn't directly Plusnet's doing, but a call or text from an engineer to say if they were or weren't coming would be nice...  I've got better things to do with my day than wait for a no show.  😠

TeaBoyPaul
Hooked

I've just spoken to PlusNet support.  Engineer that got sent was apparently 'not capable' of doing the work.  [-Censored-]?!   A new date for a fully qualified engineer is to be arranged.  Well thanks a LOT Openreach.

Not a happy bunny.  On the flip side, PlusNet support were really helpful, Thank you!

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @TeaBoyPaul,

I'm very sorry to hear about the engineer visit not going ahead today, though I'm glad to hear that you've spoken to our support team about this. I can see that plans have been made regarding the installation, but if you have any further queries or issues then please don't hesitate to update the thread and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team