Did you mean: 

Engineer Visit for New Plan

FIXED
Vipul

Engineer Visit for New Plan

Hi,

I ma just signing up for a new contract and it has added:

You’ve requested an engineer for this date

We'll confirm this date within a couple of days.

There is an existing phone line here so:
1. Is an engineer actually needed - I've never had one call to connect an existing line before
2. If no visit is required will the £49.99 one off charge be deducted - this isn't included in the pricing from what I can see, so surely that breaches advertising and ofcom regulations in itself?

Thanks,

Vipul
7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Engineer Visit for New Plan

@Vipul Are you switching from an ADSL connection to FTTC? Are you an existing PN customer, or moving from (say) TalkTalk/Sky?

John
Vipul

Hi,
We're switching from Zen fibre, so there's a line here already and, I assume, it's on the BT system.

Thanks
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

OK, if you are switching from FTTC to FTTC, I'm wondering if this is an external engineer, as switching on FTTC may involve BT/OR having to visit your local cabinet.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @Vipul,

I'm really sorry for the confusion. From what I can see at the address you've given us when signing up, there's no active line showing in the supplier systems, so I wonder if your line may be registered at the wrong address? 

Could you firstly though PM me to confirm your full address including a house or flat number if you have one? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Vipul

Thanks,

That might be the problem because your system didn't show my address and I had to enter it manually, I will mesage you as soon as I figure out how.

Vipul
agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

Hi @Vipul 

To PM a staff member you click on their name to the left of their post and a new page will open, there 

will be a grey box on the right hand side saying personal message. Click on that.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Awesome thanks Vipul,

I've just picked up your private message and before I go ahead to change the address we've got for you and replace the order to takeover your line, could you just drop me a reply on the ticket I've created Here to confirm you're happy for me to? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet