Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgraceful Service

FIXED
MarkDoncaster
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Disgraceful Service

For 4 days now the phone lines have been down and told I can't access my account. After 18 months I moved property and at the same time renewed my contract. I have had no Internet since the the 23rd of August and had a install date of the 6th which has been changed to the 12th.

Nearly a month without the Internet which I am paying for and I already booked a day off work for engineer on the 6th. I need to cancel my contract within the 14 days but can't because plusnet has been down for 4 days. Even Talk Talk can switch my Internet on by the 10th if I order now and they have some of the worst customer service reviews I have seen.
23 REPLIES 23
Kdog
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Disgraceful Service

Can't say much about the phone lines but judging by those dates I'd guess you ordered the new service as you moved rather than in advance. I know that often depends on the situation as to whether you can place the early order but before you plunge in its worth bearing in mind that talk talk say they can connect you by the 10th, but that doesn't mean they actually can.

Just like Plusnet originally said the 6th what your actually quoted there is the minimum lead time to get a service installed in a perfect world. The reality is this rarely happens, especially with fibre, as orders often knock back a week or so simply due to Openreach availability with engineers. Trouble is there's no way for any ISP to actually predict this as availability for an area isn't given until the order is actually made. Even though talk talk have their own network, I'd suspect OR would still do the cab/exchange work so it'd be a safe bet you'd have the same thing-talk talk says 10th, but then it probably changes to around the 17th.
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note:

Thread moved from My Account/Billing to My Order.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @MarkDoncaster

I am really sorry you haven't been connected on the date we first requested. I'm afraid as @Kdog advised there are rare occasions where delays may happen due to further work needed or engineer availability.

I have responded to the open ticket on the account, you can view this here.

If you need any further assistance please let us know. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
MarkDoncaster
Dabbler

I got a confirmed date of the 6th to have my internet switched on and to be in from 8am till 1pm. The engineer came out on the 3rd to do some work plusnet said, might as well switched me on then.. I have no idea why. A phone is already in the property and just needs switching on at the exchange like in my last move which was all done within a week. I wouldn't mind but the phone lines are still down. I keep getting a routine maintenance message. 

MarkDoncaster
Dabbler

When I ring it still says the service is down for routine maintenance. This is 5 days now. Once my 14 days are up I cant cancel and you can go back on any "gesture of good will" so I want to cancel. My only available date I am free is the 6th as originally agreed. I have lost £20 in phone calls and £80 in a days off work not to mention the loss off my internet I am still paying for. I doubt you can put this money in my bank account to make up for the loss (and will be needed to make stay at this point) so I just want to cancel. Talk Talk can have me up and running by the 10th.

I will be taking screen shots of the dates I have asked to cancel to prove I was within the 14 days because I know my next battle will be to cancel this without paying off the 18 month contract. Complete hell!

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Mark, I am sorry that no other date is suitable for you. 

We are still able to take calls into the contact centre, you just need to hold on after the message. We cannot accept a request to cancel via Community Forums or via Tickets on an account so if you wish to cancel you would need to speak to our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632.

I have responded to your ticket also. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
MarkDoncaster
Dabbler

I have rang and get through to accounts, I said I want to cancel but then they sent me to house move team who said they can't access my account and to call back tomorrow. This after staying on hold for 30 mins every time I ring up. God knows what my phone bill is going to be.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@LaurenB wrote:

if you wish to cancel you would need to speak to our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632.

@MarkDoncaster

I understand that you can also cancel by post. If I remember contract law correctly (I could be wrong but first class recorded delivery might help) then as long as you get evidence of posting from the post office then that is the applicable date that has to be used, not when it arrives at Plusnet and they decide to read it. See www.plus.net/support/pdf/plusnet_cancellation_form.pdf

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @MarkDoncaster, the House Move Team is usually have a very low wait time, so long as you use the number above I provided, it is a freephone number so won't be charged.

@Baldrick1 is correct you can also send us a cancellation via post, I'll pop you the address on the open ticket. 

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Cancelling is all very well, however there is no way Talk Talk or any other ISP will get you up and running by the 10th. They all have to use the same systems to interface with Openreach, and are all subject to the same Ofcom rules when taking over broadband lines.

Far better to understand what the issues are and then get them resolved.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@Mustrum

I agree entirely I was just pointing out that there is an alternative way to cancel. We don't know that there is a problem apart from engineer availability.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MarkDoncaster
Dabbler

Talk Talk have said they can install it on the 10th. I know Talk Talk use open reach, any phone line use open reach which is owned by BT and plusnet is also owned BT so they could resolve the issue anytime they wanted. Their phone lines keep saying they are down for routine maintenance. I ring a different number and get through but they say they can't access people's accounts to cancel my contract. It's impossible to resolve.

Far better to have an up and running customer service call centre instead of being down for 5 days. I have spent well over £20 on phone calls to plusnet constantly being put on hold and to be told the same thing every day, they should be ringing me now. 

MarkDoncaster
Dabbler

Not free on a mobile as I have no phone line installed....I also waited for 16 mins the first time I rang and 22 mins the second time I rang yesterday alone only to be told they can't access my account to cancel my contract because of "maintenance"

MarkDoncaster
Dabbler

I have got through and cancelled my contract although it was hard to understand what the person was saying on the other end with poor English. I asked for a email to confirm my contract has been cancelled and I have not received this, so can someone look at my account to confirm its been cancelled and not reverted to the old contract. Also no good will gesture was offered as promised. Just another lie told by Plusnet.