cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed order - new customer

jolumy

Delayed order - new customer

Hi, I placed an order yesterday for broadband and phone, I've had a text this morning telling me it's been delayed but no reason stated. Is this usual? Quite frustrating as the go live date was approx 16 days away anyway. Ive logged in to my account and this states order processing.
3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Delayed order - new customer

Hello @jolumy 

A warm welcome to the forums.

@jolumy wrote:
Is this usual?

Well the answer is "Yes!".

There are various circumstances which will give rise to delays due to mandated process, so yes, it can be usual.  Also note that any go-live date is only provisional until you receive a confirmed date.

What is the nature of your order?  Are you moving into a new property or are you migrating suppliers at the same property?  In either case, the most usual cause for delay is that the current supplier has placed a cease order on the line.  Until that completes no other ISP can place orders against that line.

If you are moving into another property, it would be reasonable to expect that the current occupier has told their supplier to cease service.  In that case you will have to wait until the termination date before Plusnet can process the order (BT Openreach rules).

If you are migrating providers ... did you tell your existing supplier of your intention to do so ... and gave them a swap date?  If "Yes" then that will be what scuppered the Plusnet order.

If neither of the two above apply, then there are a host of things within BT Openreach and BT Wholesale which might cause delays!  A staff member will provide details!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jolumy

Just a normal switch of supplier, there shouldn't be a cease as current supplier hasn't been informed. Maybe just a back log with BT Openreach. It just would be nice to be given the reason via text rather than no explanation.
Thanks for your response, I'll await confirmation from a staff member 😊
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hey @jolumy

Thanks a lot for getting in touch, welcome to our Community Forum. Smiley 

So I've just checked the account and can see that our system was able to place a broadband order, but wasn't able to place the associated phone order, due to the line type. You have what we call an SOGEA line at the property, meaning we're going to have to place the orders a bit differently. 

No need to worry though, your services with the current provider will continue to work until our orders progress and complete. Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds