cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed order. No further information or context?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 274

Re: Delayed order. No further information or context?

To post pictures from your phone, you need to select the desktop site - the mobile (default) version is a cut-down version.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 433

And I cannot figure out why. It's set up exactly as it worked before with talktalk, the literal only difference is I have Plusnet as my router and ISP now.

my guess (and it's just a guess!)  is that you have the pc network settings configured with a fixed ip rather than 'obtain an ip automatically'.

Ipconfig should confirm that

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MegaJ
Dabbler

I tried to switch to desktop mode to attach the photo, and it worked for a moment, but then when I tried to attach it to my message the site just defaulted back to mobile mode before I could finish posting, and now it won't let me go to desktop mode at all?
MegaJ
Dabbler

Let's see if this works- here's a link to the image- https://ibb.co/SJNw55S
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Yes, that worked.

It does look suspiciously like you have a fixed ip assigned. The ip address you have , 192.168.1.13 is outside the default dhcp range of the Hub 2. Having said that, the default gateway is correct at 192.168.1.254

I suggest you check that the network is set to obtain an ip address automatically

This should help with the instructions https://www.linksys.com/gb/support-article/?articleNum=141017

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@MegaJ  @MisterW  I think it is a bit odd that both local area connections show  " media disconnected " is there actually an ethernet cable plugged in to the computer?

Also I have no idea what the "VirtualBox Host-only network" is with an Ipv6 address and a very odd IPv4 address but no gateway so may not be relevant.🤔

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@RealAleMadrid my take was there are 3 ethernet adapters , only 1 with a cable connected

The virtualbox one is a pseudo one for the virtualisation environment. The 'host only ' means it provides a link between the host and the virtual machine only, with no access to the internet, hence the different ip range

MegaJ
Dabbler

I have Windows 8.1 apparently, so I searched for a similar guide for that, followed it all and... obtain ip address automatically was already selected? But I noticed obtaining DNS automatically wasn't, and was set to something specific, and I remember it saying something about DNS when webpages wouldn't load when it managed to partially get online at the start, so I tried setting that to automatic, and now it works.
No idea what all of that stuff was about, but it seems to be working now!
Thanks very much for the help!