cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed order. No further information or context?

MegaJ
Dabbler

Delayed order. No further information or context?

I signed up to Plusnet on the 1st of February because of being sick of TalkTalk's terrible service and performance, now I've been waiting for a week for my router to arrive, or to hear any communication at all from Plusnet, and today I get a text from Plusnet telling me that my order is delayed and giving me no further information? It gives me a link to follow for more information... which just brings me to the main Plusnet page and provides no information on my issue at all. I cannot call, as I'm not available to do so during their open hours, as well various other personal reasons why I can communicate via email/text form etc. but not through a phone call.

Honestly, TalkTalk were atrocious, but even then I'm starting to regret switching, as I've paid my startup fees and recieved absolutely nothing from Plusnet, and no communications elaborating on anything, I'm just being left in the dark here, my money having already been taken. And not a thing about that giftcard I was promised when I signed up either. I signed up to this as I needed reliable internet ASAP, and Plusnet seemed to be the highest user rated service (although you have to dig really hard to even find any user ratings on internet providers at all, clearly it's not something most of them want the public to see...)

What am I supposed to do here? Just wait even longer in hopes that something might actually happen, or I get some kind of actually useful update to what's going on?
It bothers me that I'm getting absolutely nothing for what I've paid for so far- I was barely able to justify paying those fees and switching in the first place, but I thought it would be worth it to switch to a service rated with decent reliability which would actually give me what I was paying for.
22 REPLIES 22
Truluckja

Re: Delayed order. No further information or context?

I have the same problem swapped from. BT today but no router delivered but still happy to take my money.
Can someone on here please sort this out
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @MegaJ I'm sorry that your orders haven't progressed to transfer your line and broadband over to us, this appears to be due to a system issue.

I've manually placed orders for this and both services are due to be activated on 22/2/23 this is as OFCOM regulations mean we need to allow at least 14 days for the transfer of a working line.

@Truluckja I've just checked and your account shows that the service went live yesterday, did the router reach you in time?

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MegaJ
Dabbler

Thanks, I hope that's going through, but I just recieved a worrying email from my current provider (talktalk): "We’ve received notification from another provider, that you would like us to stop the cancellation of your TalkTalk service."
I have recieved this email from TalkTalk, but no further emails from Plusnet since I signed up and paid for it. I have no idea what is going on.
MegaJ
Dabbler

Still nothing. No router, no communication, nothing at all. It's well past the 22nd- what's going on?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @MegaJ I've just looked into this again and unfortunately the orders I placed to bring the line and broadband over to us were rejected. I've placed new ones for you and given the issues we've had so far I'll monitor them for you so I can mitigate any other potential issues that might crop up. 

I've added more details to a ticket on your account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=232003733

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MegaJ
Dabbler

Hi, I've now recieved an email that says "your Plusnet Home Phone service is now ready to use", however, I still haven't recieved a new router- and now my internet is completely down, as I assume it has now cancelled my previous internet with talktalk - but I don't have a Plusnet router, so I'm now completely without internet!! I assume this means the internet itself is set up, but I can't access it from not having a compatible router. I would have assumed that the router would have been posted to me well before the switchover so I wouldn't have any downtime.
It's very important that I'm able to get online from home ASAP! I'm currently limited to using mobile data and the brief times I can get it elsewhere!
I'm concerned that my address could be incorrect, as I thought it might have been missing my town when I selected it from the list (but there was no option to manually correct it) but my line itself SEEMS to have been changed over, so I don't know what's going on- I have not recieved a router or package or anything. I do think that I recieved a welcome letter or something similar from Plusnet, so perhaps my address isn't actually a problem? I'm just confused why I've been having so much issue with all of this since signing up- the main reason that I switched was because I heard that it was good service, and I desperately needed my internet to be down less than talktalk. So far, it's been much worse, and I even had to pay an upfront fee- and I ALSO still haven't recieved the giftcard that I was promised when I signed up!!
I really appreciate your help here, but so far the Plusnet service itself has been absolutely abysmal. I haven't even got ANYTHING that I've paid for so far- and it's got to be about a month since I signed up now!!
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

Hey there @MegaJ 

How was your weekend? Did you do anything nice?

I'm sorry for the issues you have had. I have raised a ticket to sort this out for you under https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=232351697

Let me know if you need anything.

Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
MegaJ
Dabbler

I have the router and the internet set up now- the wifi works fine, but I cannot get the connection to work properly with my PC via ethernet cable at all. It was working perfectly fine before with my previous ISP/router- I have literally just switched the cables over to the same places they were, and it is not working. I've tried restarting the router, the PC, trying different ethernet cables, and it just isn't working. It briefly seemed to show it had a connection to the internet on the network icon, but even then every page just said something about a DNS connection, and now it's not connecting at all and just saying "This site can't be reached" and won't load anything.
I just want my internet to work.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

@MegaJ  youre not connecting to the red WAN port are you ? Thats only used to connect to an FTTP ONT.

You need to connect your pc to one of the LAN ports ( 1 to 3 )

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MegaJ
Dabbler

No, it's plugged into an ethernet port.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Im assuming you have a plusnet hub 2, in which case there are 4 ethernet ports. However only 3 of them can be used to connect devices. These are port 1 to 3 and are called LAN ports. Whilst port 4 is also an ethernet port , it can not be used to connect devices, it can only be used as a WAN port to connect a modem or ONT.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MegaJ
Dabbler

I have a Plusnet Hub 2. The ethernet cable is plugged into ethernet port 1, not the WAN port.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

In that case, assuming your pc isvrunning windows, can you open a cmd window and type ipconfig and post the results

MegaJ
Dabbler

The best I can do it to post a photo of it from my phone since it's not online.
But, umm... when I post from my phone here, it tells me about file attachment limits, but I don't see any option to actually attach files visible?

This is really frustrating. After all of the trouble I've already gone through just getting my order completed, it seems to work fine on my phone, so I assume it's all ok- then I try it on my PC and it's just refusing to work there? And I cannot figure out why. It's set up exactly as it worked before with talktalk, the literal only difference is I have Plusnet as my router and ISP now.