cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay to home move

FIXED
JohnW3

Delay to home move

We were originally moving on 10th February to a new property that Plusnet cannot provide the service too, so we are changing supplier and the service to our current property would cease on the 10th February.

We have now been informed that the move has been delayed to the 15th February, so I rang customer services to request that the cancellation of the service at the current property to be delayed to the 15th February, but told that once the cancellation request has been confirmed it cannot be stopped, which i find unbelievable in todays age.

We are both in our late 80's and rely on the phone and broadband for connections to the outside world. Not sure if anyone has any suggestions, but it does state on the plusnet website that house moves can change so just give them a call and they will deal with it.

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Delay to home move

Deleted

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Fix

I'm not quite too sure why you've been told that either to be honest @JohnW3, there's no reason why we wouldn't be able to amend the cease date on an account, unless we're within 48 working hours of the cease order going through.

Anyway, it looks like one of my colleagues has sorted this out for you, and I can confirm that the line is now due to cease on 15/02/2022, so you're not going to be cut off at the current property.

I can also see that our HLE Team are now dealing with your complaint, so you can both view and comment on the open ticket for direct communication with your case handler here. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
JohnW3

Many thanks  for the help and follow up, the HLE have replied and we are all ok until we move.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Great stuff, please feel free to comment on the open ticket for direct communication with your case handler if you have any further concerns. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds