Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint - Moving woes

FIXED
Patni
Hooked

Complaint - Moving woes

Hello,

We thought we would be moving into another house so had booked a move 3 weeks ago. Everything went smoothly and the move was scheduled for 7 October (today). I got email notifications about the move as well. About 4 days ago, we found out that move had fallen through so I immediately called up customer service asking for hte move to be stopped. I was assured by the CSR that it would be.

Roll over  today, I find my broadband is cut off. On contacting house moves, the lady said that the move is now in progress and not much can be done until it completes as that is the process.  However it will take 5 days to get broadband restored to my original property.

I should have double confirmed that the move is cancelled, so that's on me especially since I did not get notified by email. I also sympathize with your processes.

Is there any way at all that service can be restored sooner? 5 days is a lot considering a visit is not required.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

15 REPLIES 15
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Complaint - Moving woes

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Order.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @Patni and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to see what's happened. We may be able to get you online sooner depending on what work's done on our suppliers side to cease the line. As the order's still in progress we'll need to wait until that's completed before we can place an order to restart your services. I'll keep an eye on this for you throughout the day.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Patni
Hooked

Thanks for all the help...

Small question: do lines  get activated on Saturdays?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @Patni

Sometimes, it'd depend on what work's needed. 

Your phone line should go live tomorrow and I'll check back afterwards Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Patni
Hooked

@Gandalf 

Many thanks. As an FYI, my phone line has a dial tone.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the update @Patni

I'm glad to see your phone's working again now.

I've replaced your fibre order and with any luck you should be able to reconnect to the internet in a few hours once the order's confirmed in the supplier systems, so I'd recommend leaving your router plugged in and switched on.

I'll keep an eye on it throughout the day though.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Patni
Hooked

Thanks for all the help.

I suspect the phone line never lost service though. But thanks for everything again.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem at all @Patni

It'd have been what's known as a "stopped line" that's assigned a new number with likely a dial tone still, but you wouldn't have been able to make or receive calls until it was remotely reactivated. This basically allows us to quickly and easily reactivate a line we've recently stopped. Got your original number back in the process too. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Patni

Fibre order's confirmed in the supplier systems for the 13th October. Records though show the line's "left in jumpers" which means the actual hardware should be in place still, and with the order confirmed, all the relevant system configuration work on our suppliers end should in theory be done.

Could you try to get online and let me know how it goes? Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Patni
Hooked

No joy yet, tried restarting everything, but no luck. The Openreach modem light for DSL is still off.

Lets give it some time...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Ah that's disappointing. Agreed, let me know how it goes

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Patni
Hooked

No joy yet.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Ah I'd keep an eye on it and fingers crossed it comes back on soon but at the latest this should be on the 13th.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Patni
Hooked

Many thanks for all the help.

The connection got restored last evening and seems stable as well so far. I think this was quite quick to restore given the circumstances.

Thankd again