cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Censored] and a brewery come to mind

Flybouy
Hooked

I have been trying to move to plusnet for over a month and a half. Every time the order goes in and i get a date followed by a text message that the order has failed. This has happened a total of 5 times. I was told by the orders team that this was due to BT putting a stop on the line. I spoke to BT who denied that this ever happened,

After speaking to more plus net customer services I was assured that the broadband would be finally connected today, April 03rd. BT have cancelled the broadband and there is no sign of Plusnet broadband. Spoke to customer services and they cannot find my order anywhere.

I am utterly disappointed by Plusnet that they cannot even process a simple order. Can someone in the know please let me know what is going on?

Many thanks.

Add Tag...

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter in title edited as per Forum rules.

8 REPLIES 8
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Try using PN CHAT to speak to Cust Services; turn off any web browser pop up blockers; normally quicker than phone.
It may be that your previous supplier has not released the line, but PN should have been on top of this after 2 failures to complete.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: [Censored] and a brewery come to mind

Welcome to the community forums @Flybouy

Looking at your account, your broadband order did complete today as expected and your account is showing an active broadband connection with data being transmitted over the connection.

In regards to previous orders, unfortunately these were being rejected by our suppliers when placing simultaneous orders to transfer both your phone and broadband at the same time (As is standard practice).

Our wholesale broadband supplier were advising the broadband order was failing due to the phone order failing, however the wholesale phone supplier were advising the phone order was failing due to the broadband order failing.

However I'm glad to see your broadband order has completed today as expected. Please do let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Flybouy
Hooked

Yes, thanks the broadband has been switched yesterday after endless time with your agents both on phone and chat.

BT are now charging me over £40 to leave contract early as even though I wasn't required to pay to leave early having given them notice to leave after a price increase. I only had 30 days to leave or stay. I had given my notice on Feb 7th and after 7 failed attempts to transfer you only moved my broadband yesterday. BT are unrelenting as they call this a problem with Plusnet and that I should take it up with them. Who will cover my cost now as the fault doesn't lie with me?

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

If you'd notified BT of the wish to leave shortly after receiving price hike increase, shouldn't they have disconnected you 30 days after that?
Normal procedure when swapping ISP's is to not tell the incumbent; if PN had performed within 14 days I assume there'd be no termination charge from BT as you'd be within 30 days of increase. Be interesting to know what would have happened if you hadn't notified BT and just switched within 30 days.
Flybouy
Hooked

Problem is that if you don't notify BT then they will charge you early termination fee. What happened here was that I notified them and was supposed to leave in 30 days. BT then gave me an extension of another 20 days but Plusnet still were unable to transfer my broadband in time.

So now I'm liable for leaving BT broadband and telephone before the end of contract. .....which is all due to Plusnet.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@Flybouy wrote:
I only had 30 days to leave or stay.

This is generally 30 days to give notice that you want to leave Huh

If they only gave you 30 days to leave or stay, this would be instantly cut down by roughly half as it takes a minimum of 10 working days (14 calendar days) to migrate a service from one provider to another.

Having been on the provider end of this situation in the past when a customers migration away from us has been delayed due to problems with the orders after having given us notice that they want to leave due to a price rise, within the 30 days notice period, I've honoured the offer to waive early termination fees as the notice of intent to leave was provided during the 30 day period provided.

Having read what you've said, and taking delays in to account. I believe BT should be honouring to waive the early termination fees if you provided notice to leave within the 30 day period that was provided to give them notice to leave.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Flybouy
Hooked

Hi Harry,

Thank you for your post. Sadly, I have tried everything with BT and they insist that they have done everything to help me by extending the cancellation period. They say it is up to Plusnet to sort it out as it is they who have messed up the transfer process. 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

I would recommending asking Offcom to adjudicate on this one.

BT Retaiil out the or ices up and you advised intent to leave without penalty.

BTw / BTOR left hands and right hands created a catch 22 situation which would have prevented any ISP migrating you via standard services.

It is not clear what broke BTw's / BTOR's virtuous circle here - PlusNET action or one of the services ceasing.

BTw / BTOR are certainly to blame for this mess, though one does need to ask if PlusNET could have managed to migration differently - through exception processes?  Would Offcom rule that PlusNet should be expected to have foreseen or understood the issues and failures within their supplier's business and systems and then have taken out of process exception actions to effect the migration ... or has BT failed in its duty of care as a supplier to its customers (both PlusNET and yourself)?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.