Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband still not activated

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 164

Re: Broadband still not activated

Is the number on the fault reporter the same as that reported by 17070?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rebeccahomer
Dabbler

I don’t have a dial tone on my phone line
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 274

Definitely one for the Help Team, then.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

In that case raise a phone fault report on line using the link below.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rebeccahomer
Dabbler

Thanks for your help both. I’m on the phone to the help desk and they’re not very helpful at all. Can see me going back to sky at this rate. Woeful
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

One issue that the help desk might face is that remote testing does not find any faults … because the line terminates soundly somewhere … but not at your address. The support desk need to follow set test practices. Expect the possibility of them not finding a fault and needing you to do subscriber checks before engaging BT Openreach. Those checks are mandated by BTOR to reduce the volume of no fault call outs.

Migration from Sky requires in exchange work - not unknown for that to go wrong in BTOR’s process of “recovering” the line.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for getting in touch on our Community Forum @rebeccahomer and I'm extremely sorry to hear about the delays that you've had with the provision of your services. We don't anticipate any issues when placing orders, which is why your committed activation date fell on 31/12/2021.

We ourselves in the Social Media Team were also offline yesterday, which is why we've only just picked this up now.

Anyway, the engineer found a fault on the line during the installation, which they were unable to resolve, they've therefore raised an activity on the order, which will be picked up by one of Openreach's CSNO (multi-skilled) engineers. I've been in touch with them this morning and have been informed that they're assigned to complete the external work by 05/01/2022.

I've popped the open complaint into my personal workflow, so you can both view and comment on the open ticket for direct comms with myself here.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
rebeccahomer
Dabbler

Hi Adam thank you for coming back to me. You have provided me with more information than any of the 3 people on the help desk have. Why did the open reach engineer tell me everything was find if there was an issue? I appreciate you opening a complaint for me but are you saying I could still be without internet on 6th Jan? If so that will almost be a week without internet!
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks for getting back to me @rebeccahomer

Engineers usually head back to the exchange once the internal installation is complete, so they may have then located the fault on the line, it's hard to know exactly on our side.

I myself used to work in the Provisioning Department, which is why I've been able to chase it up for you, they're usually closed on Sundays Smiley

I understand the frustration caused by the delayed provision @rebeccahomer and can assure you that I'll be chasing this up on every review date provided by Openreach.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds