Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband order not activated on date

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Broadband order not activated on date

I've spoken with our suppliers systems support helpdesk and they can see your phone line is definitely still live with another provider, though they can't see anything about your broadband, because ADSL would be connected onto that provider's own equipment. I think we've got one of two ways to tackle this.

I can place an order to takeover the phone line and provide our ADSL at the same time, which would take approx 10 working days as we'll have to adhere to Ofcom's regulations when taking over a line.

Alternatively you could call your provider once more and if there's no way they can get their ADSL working again so you have a service while we're taking over the line, then I would ask them to cease your phone line.

With your phone line ceased, I can then ask our suppliers to expedite our order since there'd be no working line. 

What do you think?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mp1990
Hooked

Ok, I've got in touch with the previous provider and they've been less than useless (they've misinformed me about the line for sure), so can we go for the first option?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Ah thanks for trying and sorry it didn't go well.

I've replaced the order now to takeover the phone line and provide our ADSL. 

Should receive a confirmed transfer date for you within 24-48 hours. I'll then take this back to our suppliers to make sure that the order is fully built into the systems as it was only half-built last time which caused the order to fail. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hey, as you may have already seen from the email updates coming via your account, we're due to takeover the phone line on the 12th July and provide ADSL on the same day, which could be anytime before midnight.

I've had a colleague in our suppliers system support helpdesk look at the new order. They can confirm it's fully built in their systems and don't foresee any issues with it, so hopefully it'll go through okay. 

I'll check back on the 13th July to follow things up with you. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mp1990
Hooked

That's great, thanks for your help! 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cool. No worries at all! 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet