Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband order delayed

FIXED
dantdj
Hooked

Broadband order delayed

Hi!

I'm moving house on the 10th of April and wanted to try and get some bits sorted out in advance, so sent in an order for broadband last night as I know things take a little while to filter through. I got a text this afternoon stating that my broadband order has been delayed - could I get any more details on why this is? I'm not sure when the current tenant moves out, so it could just be a clash there and I was a bit too overeager, but just wanted to know in case it was something that could be sorted.

Cheers in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Broadband order delayed

A warm welcome to the forums.

If the current tenant has told their supplier to cease service, then no other CP/ISP can place orders to take over the line until the cease order completes.  BT Openreach's systems do not permit "in advance orders" on lines having an open cease order.

Thereafter Plusnet restarting the phone line can typically be done on two days, with broadband activation being 5 days later.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Fix

Hi there, welcome aboard and I'm really sorry about the delay to your order. I've just had a look into this and need to reply with a bit of account sensitive information so I've added a support ticket to your account which you can check here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=223411316 Please take a look when you can and give me a shout if you have any further questions.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dantdj
Hooked

Hey, thanks - guess I should have expected that one, just wasn't sure what the current state was. 

Thanks both of you for the help!

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No worries, I've set myself a reminder to check back on it and follow things up with you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team