cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Activation delay

NewUser99

Broadband Activation delay

My phone line switched over early on Wednesday from BT. I had an activation date of yesterday (Thursday) for broadband service. That didn't happen and we are still without a broadband service. Can you please let me know when to expect it to be switched on?
My order tracker doesn't provide a date. It says: "We're waiting for confirmation that your broadband order, due {strCustActivationdate}, has completed"
7 REPLIES 7
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Broadband Activation delay

Thanks for your post @NewUser99 and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see your order's delayed. I can see an engineer went out yesterday with a view to activate your fibre service, but they'd detected a fault they needed access to your property to investigate further. 

As it looks like no-one was home at the time, they delayed the order and another engineer should be going out today.

Will there if possible be anybody around to let the engineer in? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
NewUser99

Thanks for the update. We were in all day yesterday so it was unfortunate they couldn't make contact.
Openreach are currently here investigating the problem. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Ah OK, thanks for the update @NewUser99

Let me know how it goes. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
NewUser99

Openreach have confirmed that everything is OK to the router and the router is connected to the internet. However we still can't get any service.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @NewUser99

Once the engineer's completed the job, the order will need to complete in several systems (supplier and our own) before you're able to connect to the internet. This generally happens up to midnight on a day an engineer carries out work.

We'll email and text you once your broadband's ready to use so you can connect your router. I'd recommend turning your router off in the meantime as switching it on before this happens can affect the automatic setup process.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
NewUser99

All up and running now. Thanks for your advice earlier 🙂
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Awesome, no problem and thanks for the confirmation @NewUser99 let us know if there’s anything else you’d need help with Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button