cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Activation date passed

lclews

Broadband Activation date passed

Can someone please help with finding out what is actually happening with our broadband order please? It was due to go live on Tuesday 3rd (after a 3 week wait for this date) but we still have no broadband and no idea what is happening 2 days later. We've spoken to 2 different people at Plusnet over the phone and we're just told they are waiting on Openreach and the date when we'll supposedly know more keeps getting pushed back. There has only been one text to say that the connection hasn't gone ahead. Nothing more. Very poor communication! Both of us work from home and having no broadband for over 3 weeks is pretty impossible. I'd appreciate a set date for activation and an idea of what is holding it up.
9 REPLIES 9
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Broadband Activation date passed

Hi,

A warm welcome to the forums.  BT Openreach are somewhat over stretched and in some areas have missed a lot of appointments.  There are also a number of procedural conditions which can give rise to delays.  The following might help / give you more information.

Delayed orders

There are a multitude of reasons why order processing might be reported as delayed and usually it is nothing to be too concerned about, but there are exceptions. The following are some of the common causes of orders being delayed...

• The user told their existing supplier that they are moving and the consequential action by their existing supplier will prevent any new ISP placing orders to take over the service - this needs affirmative action with the existing supplier
  • The existing circuit to the property cannot be identified in BT Openreach's systems due to errors in their data - this can give rise to the need for special processes (ORDI and Bridge cases) with BTOR to correct THEIR data
  • Something was not quite right with the order raised by Plusnet - these are usually sorted quickly
  • BT Openreach do not have engineering resources available in the usual timeframe

To see what is happening in detail, check the ticket history on your account - log into the portal in another tab, return here and click the PN TICKET link below. Look at the details of the tickets; if there appears to be no recent activity, contact support.

NB: If a user tells their existing supplier that they are leaving and that supplier places a cease on the line, Plusnet cannot process a new order until AFTER the line has been ceased.  That could lead to circa 14 days without an internet service.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there @lclews, I'm really sorry about the delay to your order, it seems to have been impacted by issues with engineer availability in your area unfortunately. I've chased it up now and we should have that sorted out within the next 48 hours for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
lclews

@adamwalker Thank you for replying. However the 48hrs have passed and still no connection. I understand that there are alot of staff shortages but these dates shouldn't be promised in the first place if they cannot be kept to. The date for activation keeps getting pushed back and we only even receive a new date if we push for some information. Nobody is proactively updating us. Nor has anyone given us details of precisely what work Openreach need to complete to get us up and running.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

As per my pervious advice - have you looked at your ticket history.  Often there is a deal of helpful "internal" information therein.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

lclews

Thank you - we have no updates on the account since Thursday
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there, I'm sorry that this hasn't been resolved yet. I've chased it with Openreach who advise that they're working on an issue called an "exception" which is a software issue causing delays to the order closure, they pass on their apologies too and we should have it sorted out within the next 2 days for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

AKA a bridge case (as per bullet 2 in post 2)?

BT target turnaround being 48 hours...

lclews

Thank you both for the further information and for chasing @adamwalker. Fingers crossed we're sorted in 48hrs time!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No worries, I'll keep an eye on this for you until we've got it sorted.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team