cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Activation Delay

Dasmorton

Broadband Activation Delay

Hi,

A few weeks ago I ordered the Ulimited Fibre Extra package to be set up at my new flat for my planned move in date of 22 July. I had an engineer visit on the 16 July to test the existing phoneline and do some magic at the cabinet box, and later that day received confirmation that the phone service was up and running. At no point was there any indication that a 22 July activation was not achieveable.

Yesterday, I received an update to say that my broadband would be activated by August 8 which (assuming the worst case scenario) will be 2.5 weeks after the initial planned date.

Is this quite typical? Should I expect it to be completed before then?

The reason I ask is that I work from home and although I have taken a week off work to help with the home move, when I'm back I will need to hotspot with my mobile if my service is not available and I currently have a somewhat limited data plan which I may need to upgrade.

1 REPLY 1
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Broadband Activation Delay

Hi @Dasmorton,

I'm sincerely sorry to see that this has happened. I'm afraid that we wouldn't be able to expediate the estimated completion date at this stage, however after having reviewed the situation today I can't see any reason why there would be any further delays. Should there be any issues, please let us know and we'll be happy to investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team