cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation

reeceg353

Activation

Hi All,

First post, did a search with Activation on the forum before posting but couldnt find something similar to my question so here goes:

Open Reach came round last week to connect the Fibre to my house, which has been done. This was done earlier than anticipated but I still need an "engineer" to come and activate the line. 

They've drilled into my house and connected everything up, I'm not too sure what the second visit requires to be honest.

The question is; this second visit, does anyone know if this is someone from OpenReach or PlusNet? I'm assuming it's OpenReach.

Is there any way of getting the engineer to come any earlier seeing as the majority of the labour work has been completed? I have to wait until 29th February and my current broadband will finish on 18th leaving us without an internet connection for 11 days

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 422

Re: Activation

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Order

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@reeceg353  Have Openreach installed the Fibre ONT (Optical network terminator), the small box that the fibre connects to and have you got a Hub 2 router?

If you have the ONT and router and it's all connected it powered up, what LEDS are on. Power and PON is good. If these are on Plusnet should be able to activate the service remotely but they seem to have difficulty doing this. You probably wouldn't get much help from support. Hopefully one of the forum staff will see your post and may be able to help. but they appear to be thin on the ground today.🙄 

reeceg353

Hi there,

So I have a White box inside my house where they attached the Fibre Cable to. 

I don't yet have the Hub as it's not been sent by PlusNet just yet (I think they send it out a few days before the scheduled visit?)

I'm just keen obviously to speed the visit up if that's at all possible

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@reeceg353  Were you with Plusnet before you had the Full Fibre install?  A Plusnet Hub 1 will work but may not give full speed if you gone for the high speed option, have you another router you could use. Have you powered up the ONT to see the leds?

It's unlikely you will get an earlier appointment, I am just trying to find out if your Full Fibre is connected (PON led on) at your property but your Plusnet account not activated.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 481

Hi @reeceg353 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with your order.

After checking with Openreach they've advised that the visit for the 28th is still necessary I'm afraid 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team