cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation email but no text

Pete6

Activation email but no text

It’s my activation day and I’ve had an email saying my fibre broadband is ready to go. I tried set up but the router ended on a solid orange light and flashing red b underneath. On Wednesday I had a text saying don’t start your service until you get a text from us. Am I jumping the gun or does the email supersede a text? I’ve turned everything back off for now.
4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Activation email but no text

@Pete6 Welcome to the forums. I could be wrong here, but it is possible that the automatic systems at Plusnet have not completed their actions. I know for ADSL connections it can (and usually did/does) take up to midnight of your activation day before all the system was live, but I don't know if the same applies to VDSL.

When I moved from ADSL with PN to VDSL with another ISP, I had no connection for 2 to 3 hours whilst BT completed work at the cab.

John
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Pete6, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you're having issues when trying to get online this morning. I can confirm when testing, both your phone and broadband orders indeed look to have completed. When testing your connection from this side we're picking up the router out of sync currently which could be signs that the router isn't picking up the fibre connection and instead may be set looking for an ADSL connection. I'd advise  then, if you haven't already to factory reset the router to see if the connection springs to life.
This can be done by pressing a pin, cocktail stick etc.. into the "reset hole on the back of the router for 5-15 seconds. You should see the router reboot and then within a few minutes hopefully this may have resolved the issue you're seeing.
Let us know how it goes.

Pete6

Hi, thanks for the info. I’ve reset it and it’s all working. Thanks for the help!
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Thanks for getting back to me @Pete6 and I'm glad to hear the connection is now up and running for you. If there's anything we can help you with moving forwards then please don't hesitate getting back in touch.