cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation date

Sazsazsaz86

Activation date

My broadband activation date is due to take place tomorrow and I have yet to receive any updates except for my initial sign up confirmation and a goodbye letter from my old provider. On top of the lack of contact I've just realized I haven't received my new router! My account holds no information whatsoever. Can someone please help get this resolved.
3 REPLIES 3
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Activation date

Good morning @Sazsazsaz86

Welcome to our online Community Forum.

So the orders are in place, and you're right, we're due to take over the working line tomorrow. The problem is the way in which the account has created itself, we call it a magnus account on our side, and it's resulted in something called the install diaries not being updated, which is why you have not received any further comms from us.

I'm quite surprised you've received nothing from your current provider though, it might be worth chasing this up with them.

Anyway, another issue with the way in which the account created itself is that a router has not been dispatched, I've manually processed it now, but it does mean that we're going to take over your line tomorrow, and you won't have a router to use our service. Sad

Do you have any third party routers lying around at all?

I've created a ticket on the account so that our team will be processing a refund between 16/12/2021 and the date in which you first establish a connection to the internet.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this will inevitably cause.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Sazsazsaz86

I did receive confirmation that I was leaving from my currct provider but nothing else. I only have my talktalk router. Does this mean I will be without broadband, and if so how long?
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

It does unfortunately @Sazsazsaz86 unfortunately. Sad

Unless you have a third party router that we may be able to configure onto our network. If not, you'll be offline until the new router arrives, this usually takes 3-5 working days and is sent out via Royal Mail 1st Class Delivery.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds