Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation date changed?

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Activation date changed?

When I signed up I chose 1st July as switchover day as I work from home Tuesdays and it will give me a chance to set things up. I received the confirmation email showing 1st July.

Untitled2.png

Going to track my order shows a completion date of 2nd July, what gives?

Untitled.png

I realise the broadband can be activated any time up to midnight on the da of activation, but if it "slides" over to the 2nd it is going to cause me problems. I have arranged for my old landline number to be ported on the 2nd July which will cancel and broadband services associated with it. My landline is associated with my Sky connection and moving to PN without a landline, so my number should be in the 31 day "pool" by then. Just a little concerned now that things may go awry.

Mark

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 423

Re: Activation date changed?

Going to track my order shows a completion date of 2nd July, what gives?

In Plusnet order tracking speak , that means by 00:00 on the 2nd i.e any time up to midnight on the 1st!

In reality its consistent with your activation email, you should know that, you've been here before😀

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 421

Moderator's note:
Thread moved from My Account/Billing to My Order

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

@MisterW wrote:

In reality its consistent with your activation email, you should know that, you've been here before😀

I know, I know, but the wording could be a bit better 🙃. That said, it hasn't been an issue before as I have never been likely to lose my phone number before or lose my brand new 24 month contract when the number is ported and activation on the line ceased.

I'm getting older (and grumpier if that's possible), just needed a bit of reassurance 😁.

Thanks 👍