cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation date and clarification

ajbamf92

Activation date and clarification

Hi there,

I've been trying to contact customer services about my broadband activation date but haven't been able to get through. It is currently set to midnight on 28/07. Is there any chance at all this can be done earlier. I understand it must be a busy time but I put in the order in the middle of last week so I was hoping it could be sooner. It would be much appreciated. My router hasn't arrived yet but I imagine it should arrive before this date?

Additionally could I get some clarification on the text message I received. It days that the service is due to become active by midnight on 28/07. Does this mean it will become active on the 27th up to midnight? Or during the day on the 28th?

Thanks in advance for your help

7 REPLIES 7
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Activation date and clarification

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
inverness

Hi,

I have a similar issue. I received a text message saying my line was ready for use, but whenever I go to my router it says PPP connecting. 

Impossible to contact plusnet support. The support phone line hangs up on me, the chat is disabled, and posting a broadband issue from my account fails. Contacting customer service as a new joiner works immediately though... cheeky! 

I am stuck with no internet connection and no way to report it. Any advice? 

Thanks,

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting in touch

@ajbamf92 I'm afraid as we're working over a working line from another provider, we can't speed these type of orders. Once the supplier system's committed to a particular date based on minimum lead time of 10 working days and engineer availability, there's no way for us to request a sooner date unfortunately.

Your service should go live with us on the 27th July before midnight, the text you've received about the 28th is referring to midnight as in 00:00:00 whereas it's probably easier to think of it as by 23:59:59 on the 28th. Sorry for the confusion.

Let us know if you've got any further queries.

@ajbamf92 I can see your order with our suppliers completed at about 4pm on the 6th July and we activated your account about an hour later when you rang us. This would've automatically happened before midnight on the day though. We do advise when you sign up that "you may experience a small amount of downtime as we switch your service and then you'll be up and running" I apologise for the delay and downtime you've had though.

Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ajbamf92

Thanks for getting back to me about this.

I think it's a typo but you've written:

"Your service should go live with us on the 27th July before midnight, the text you've received about the 28th is referring to midnight as in 00:00:00 whereas it's probably easier to think of it as by 23:59:59 on the 28th. Sorry for the confusion."

I'm assuming you mean by 23:59 on the 27th? Can you confirm that is the case?

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for spotting that,

Yep it's a typo (Unfortunately I'm over the 20 minute time limit so I can't edit it too)

Your service should go live on the 27th before midnight on the day.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ajbamf92

Hi again,

My activation date is today and I am concerned that it is not going to happen as I have not received any updates for the past few weeks. I am currently trying to contact customer services but have been on hold for the past 1+ hours. Is there any way you can check this for me urgently and let me know that it is definitely happening today? I cannot work without it tomorrow
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

I've just checked your account and everything points towards the activation having taken place just fine on Monday.

Really sorry for the issues getting in touch with us and please don't hesitate to get back in touch if you've any further questions or concerns. 

I've just tried to give you a call but there was no answer so I'll try again tomorrow.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team