Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation date - No messages yet

Vashief
Dabbler

Activation date - No messages yet

Hi,

I have received following message last week. Do you know when my broadband will get activated? I thought it will get activated today, but as of now there are no messages

Your broadband service is due to become active by midnight on 20/11/2021. Please don't set up your router until we confirm your service is active.
24 REPLIES 24
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Activation date - No messages yet

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from ADSL Broadband to My Order.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @Vashief, thanks for getting in touch and a warm welcome to Plusnet! I am sorry that your order has not completed when expected and for the lack of updates received.

I have had a check and it looks like there was a delay on your order, with this now due to complete on 23/11/21. I am really sorry for the inconvenience caused by this.

If you have any further queries in the meantime, please just get back to us.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Vashief
Dabbler

Hi Lauren,

Thank you for the response. Please could you confirm if it will get activated by today(22/11) midnight or tomorrow? i will be really happy if I exact time so i will plan accordingly.

I cannot afford delay as I am working from home & already did a data top up twice with my mobile network to get me through the work days.

Regards.

Mohammed Vashief

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Good Morning @Vashief, thanks for getting back to me.

The order will be completed tomorrow on 23/11/2021 and can take any time up to midnight on the day to complete. We have no way of knowing the exact time this will be completed I'm afraid.

I am really sorry for the delays and inconvenience caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Vashief
Dabbler

@Lauren..thank you for the reply. Please can you also confirm if I will get email or text message once Broadband is activated today?

Vashief
Dabbler

Reposted with correct LaurenB
@LaurenB.. thank you for the reply. Please can you also confirm if I will get email or text message once Broadband is activated today?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @Vashief

Yes you should get both once your broadband's been activated.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Vashief
Dabbler

Thank you for the reply..I am still to receive any notification or message. Please can you check from your end and update the status?

Regards,
Mohammed Vashief
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Mohammed,

I'm sorry to see there's a delay with your order. I'm afraid this isn't a case of us updating the status, because the order's not completed in the supplier systems yet. Looking at the supplier notes we've received a couple of hours ago, they've advised further work's needed and have scheduled this for Friday. I'm really sorry for the delay again.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Vashief
Dabbler

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I have to admit it is very disappointing to see it got delayed even further and no one have the courtesy of conveying this message.I am recharging my mobile internet every other day to get my work going assuming I will get the broadband connection in the mentioned date. I am not sure what stops plus net in relaying this message to me which is a bare minimum expectation.Even to get this message I have to post 3 times. I am feeling cheated if I am being honest. I have been initially told it will take 5 days for the connection but official message said 10 working days and it is now well past 13 working days with no confirmation of when I will receive it. Really bad experience at the very start of my term with plus net
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Mohammed,

I'm sorry again for the delay and I understand the frustration.

I'm afraid we only got the notification last night from our suppliers after the call centre closed. We'd generally aim to provide an update on an order within 24 hours (or it may be a little longer if the update comes through at a weekend)

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Vashief
Dabbler

Thanks again for replying.Apologies if i have used strong words.

is there any way we can expedite the supplier work to get the connection by tomorrow? I am spending lot of money on the mobile data to support work from home.

If broadband cannot be activated earlier,do you have any other alternate option (like bt hotspot) to support till it gets activated?

Also how sure are we with the Friday activation? I am really worried i will have to spend another weekend without any connection.

Regards,

Mohammed Vashief

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me Mohammed,

No problem, I'm afraid we can't get another engineer out any sooner as it'd be subject to engineer availability.

From the engineer notes we've received yesterday, they've identified a problem on your phone line between the cabinet (the green box in the road) and the distribution point (DP), usually at a pole, which will stop your broadband service from working, so they've passed this to another engineer to investigate as soon as possible on Friday. 

I can't guarantee the issue will be fixed on Friday, because the engineer may not be able to fix it on the day, they may encounter another problem or that the problem is bigger than they've anticipated as the infrastructure is complex.

I'm afraid we don't have an alternative to provide you with, but as a goodwill gesture, we'll be happy to offer you £5 a day in compensation for each day your broadband hasn't activated, starting from the day after we first confirmed it would go live. This is basically in line with Ofcom's automatic compensation scheme (Although we aren't signed up to this)

If you can let us know once your broadband's working we can calculate the credit and apply it to your account. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nar06esh
Dabbler

@Vashief - is your connection active yet? my promised date was 17th Nov. Still not activated. Plus net still asking to wait till 29th. I am not sure how to escalate it further