Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation cancelled

Chawkins575
Hooked

Activation cancelled

Hi all,
I joined plusnex on 01/06. Since this date I've had daily calls with support to try and resolve a reoccurring activation issue.

I've moved into a property that already has an ONT installed, I have three green lights (power, PON and LAN) and a router already received from plusnet.
There has been various attempts at activation only, line take overs, no available port reports from OR, service update requests to OR.

I work from home and this is impacting my work.

I would appreciate any assistance to help get this resolved.

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

Re: Activation cancelled

Hi there, I'm really sorry for all the issues we're having getting full fibre set up for you. 

I've checked your account and a colleague is talking to Openreach about this at the moment and is looking at options including installing a new ONT.

Please bear with us and they'll get back to you soon, I'll check back in with you on Monday and if there's still no progress at that point I'll intervene. 

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@adamwalker  Why do Plusnet seem to have a lot of problems when a customer has an existing ONT?

Shouldn't it just be a remote activation order?

How would a new ONT help when there appears to be a live one already there? A possible serial number mismatch maybe?

I've seen a previous case on a new build site where the ONTs were muddled up and did not match the properties.

Chawkins575
Hooked

With note to the above comment, do you think it would be worth confirming my ONT serial number with plusnet in cause it differs?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Chawkins575 I don't want to conflict with what my colleague is doing for you today but feel free to update that on the open ticket if you don't mind in case it helps: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=234278997

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Chawkins575
Hooked

I've added the serial number now, I believe they're going to try to have a new ONT installed. My understand is that this had already been attempted and cancelled, but fingers crossed
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks a lot for the update, as promised I'll check back in on this with you on Monday. - Adam

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @Chawkins575 My colleague Lauren has raised an escalation today which is what I would have done. I'll keep an eye on it and will jump in if needed Smiley 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Chawkins575
Hooked

Thanks adam

I spoke to the previous tenant again to re confirm rheir cancellation. They bizarrely had the same issue years ago when they first moved in as well.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem and cheers for the update on that! We'll keep you posted but do shout up if you need someone on this side to intervene 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Chawkins575
Hooked

Hi Adam,

Just checked bt wholesale broadband checker and the ONT is now updated:
No active service and spare port avaliable.
Perviously it stated there was an active service and no ports avaliable.
Can an activation now be complete?

Thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there, 

That sounds promising, we've let our suppliers know and we should have an update for you by the end of the day on the 23rd so I'll make sure we can get back you as soon as we can. 

Adam

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@adamwalker  it must be incredibly frustrating for customers who have to put up with your "suppliers" stalling at every opportunity and delaying for 48 hours each time you tell them some new information. even it is of no relevance. I would dispute  your statement  that the change in the  checker is promising. 

@Chawkins575  "Previously it stated there was an active service and no ports available" means that the existing service can be taken over by a new customer, the new wording would suggest the previous service has been ceased but it should really not make any difference, just another excuse to delay things again. As for escalations they seem to have no effect whatsoever.

It would be interesting to know why there has been such a drawn out delay with this order but I suspect we will never be given the full story.☹️

Chawkins575
Hooked

The delays are unbelievably frustrating, the response time is truely baffling. Having just waited 48 hours for an update, to be told to wait 48 hours for an update. However this will now be Friday and BT do not work the weekend so again will have to wait a further 48 hours for an further resolution. This method only really supplies opportunity to resolve the issue twice a week on the Wednesday or Friday. The only glimpse of movement I have is from checking the wholesale portal myself 🙃
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

Previously it stated there was an active service and no ports available"means that the existing service can be taken over by a new customer, the new wording would suggest the previous service has been ceased but it should really not make any difference, just another excuse to delay things again

I'm not sure on the details of fttp take over orders, but if it's similar to fttc & adsl, then ,yes an active line can be taken over BUT not if there is an outstanding cease order. That would appear to be the case here, and now the cease has completed , an order can be placed.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.