cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Day

Jaggyjay
Dabbler

Activation Day

It's my activation Day today, I've received my activation email, but my line is still dead no dial tone? Does it take time after the activation email? Am i waiting for midnight 🤔
Tags (1)
16 REPLIES 16
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Activation Day

Hiya @Jaggyjay, thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry that the service isn't yet working, I can see your activation is today and looks like the orders are still in progress, it looks like the activation email may have been sent a bit prematurely, I appreciate the confusion this may have caused!

Please allow up to midnight for the orders to complete Smiley 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Ordet

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Jaggyjay
Dabbler

Thank you, i will be patient 😁
Jaggyjay
Dabbler

I've just been text saying my order has been delayed 🥺
Jaggyjay
Dabbler

Is the cancellation period still available 🤔, i do lots of work from home, my initial date was delayed 7 days.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Jaggyjay, I'm really sorry about the delay. I've just had a look into it for you and needed to reply back with some account sensitive information, please take a look at the ticket I've opened on your account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=225025373 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Jaggyjay wrote:
Is the cancellation period still available 🤔, i do lots of work from home, my initial date was delayed 7 days.

The cancellation date runs 14 days from the order date.

If you were to walk away any new ISP is not going to deliver a service quicker than 10 working days ... and whatever BTw / BTOR issues this order has encountered, any other ISP will encounter the same issues ... unless Plusnet has already influenced BTw/BTOR to address the issues causing delay.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jaggyjay
Dabbler

Thank you for your response, with all due respect, my virgin box is coming Friday, i know it will plug and play because I've had it twice before. Whereas we don't know how my bt line is, and due to the engineer not checking, we still don't.
Jaggyjay
Dabbler

Plusnet should have the cooling of period the same as other isps, from activation date
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Ah, you have a choice of infrastructure providers BT Openreach or Virgin Media - that is most convenient.  Such is a very different and fortunate paradigm to that of most users.

As for the "cooling off" period, it is exactly that - a remote selling cooling off period allowing you to change your mind about the contract.  All ISPs offer that as it is required by consumer law.  A "Suck it and see if you like it trial period" is something quite different.

Talk Talk offer a 30 day trial period but all set up costs are chargeable (separate from the cooling off period).

Sky does start its "legal" cooling off period from various times, including the activation date.

Zen offers the legal 14 day cooling off period, but caps it at the activation date if that is earlier than 14 days after the date of the agreement.

EE's cooling off period looks identical to Plusnet's

BT's cooling off period looks similar too and could give rise to paying provisioning costs.

What other ISPs have you seen who offer a "Suck it and see if you like it trial period" - that is you can change your mind after activation with no charges (other than usage) being incurred?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jaggyjay
Dabbler

You don't have to be so defensive, i have no issues with plusnet as a company.
I just feel let down and lied to. 😞
I don't want Thier broadband.
Jaggyjay
Dabbler

The latest is they have decided to send an engineer to my property on Thursday, I have not been asked.
I am not there, I am working.
Please don't waste his/her time
Tags (1)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for the heads up @Jaggyjay

I'm really sorry for the delay with your order and we've booked an engineer visit for tomorrow before confirming that with you.

It's likely going to be too late for me to re-arrange the engineer visit, so I can either let the visit go through then re-book on a different date when you'll be available or alternatively if you'd like to cancel your order, you can call us on 0800 013 2632 and we'll provide a full refund. We won't charge you a cancellation fee as your order's not completed.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Jaggyjay
Dabbler

My account has been closed, Thank you plusnet for helping resolve the situation.