cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrading while in contract

jim123
Dabbler

upgrading while in contract

hi, my current unlimited broadband deal and my line rental runs till Feb 2019 but my work want me to upgrade to fibre so I can work from home occasionally. Should I wait until my contract has expired before doing this or will I get a cancellation fee for cancelling the previous contract.

In this case, what would happen to the remaining months of the line rental already paid?

Any ideas?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: upgrading while in contract

It costs nothing to ring ans ask. I would expect that you will be able to upgrade without penalty providing you start a new contract again from scratch.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @jim123,

Thanks for getting in touch. If you were to upgrade to fibre broadband the fibre contract would supercede your existing contract and you wouldn't face any cancellation fees. Your line rental saver would carry on as normal, so this would still expire in February 2019 and you would then be able to either renew your line rental saver for another 12 months or pay for your line rental on a monthly basis.

I'd recommend that you speak to our customer options team as they'd be able to let run through your different options for upgrading to fibre.  Their direct number is 0800 013 2632. There's currently no queue to speak to this team and they are open between the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00

Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00

Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Read the T&Cs carefully...

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/terms/ [Plusnet Standard Terms]

2.1.3. use the services for personal use in the UK (so don't use the services to run your own business, but a couple of work emails or occasional home working are okay) and in accordance with our Acceptable Use Policy;

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.