cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help changing product

irishwhip
Dabbler

need help changing product

I'm trying to change the call package on my plusnet service, but when I reach the "confirm your new products" page I'm shown an out of contract price for the fibre broadband.
If I hit "agree" will I be charged this new monthly price?
My contract has 11 months remaining according to the member centre.

7 REPLIES 7
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: need help changing product

Contact Customer Options Team (aka COTS)

COTs is the place to go to if you want to find out anything to do with your contract in respect of leaving, renewing or simply enquiring about early termination charges (ETCs). They have their own number and tend to answer quicker than the general customer service number.

Direct dial numbers

• 0800 013 2632(from within the UK)
  • +44 330 123 9197 (from abroad)
  • Available...
    • 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday
    • 9am - 7pm Saturday
    • 9am - 6pm Sunday

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

cumoangerraff

I have exactly the same problem, wanting to change my call package, but worried that I will lose the 15 months remaining on my contract, as each time I try, I get offered the 'out of contract' price. The suggestion is to phone plusnet, but I am autistic and hate making phone calls. I need to have everything in writing, eg emails, texts, messages etc, so I have our discussion on record.  My contract says 'Your contract is for your Broadband and your line rental. All other products can be changed month to month.'  However, the system doesn't seem to allow this. Is there a way of sorting this out with Plusnet without making a phone call?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

You will not lose the existing contract / discount.

Call plans are not subject o contract.

Unfortunately existing discounts are not factored into the change service price summary - all somewhat unhelpful.

A staff member might be able to offer assistance via the ticketing system, but the standard approach is via COTS it is they who are now responsible for these matters.  I think CHAT still covers sales, so you might want to give that a poke.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Home Phone to My Account/Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hey all, thanks a lot for getting in touch. @Townman is spot on here, it won't affect the amount you pay for your broadband service. Saying that, if either of you want to go ahead with the call plan change, and want me to check the accounts to make sure everything's in order, please go ahead and give me a nudge. Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
cumoangerraff

Thanks Adam. I'll go ahead and change my call plan, and let you know when it's done.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for doing that Smiley 

So call plans will come into effect on your next billing date. I'll be reviewing the account on that date just to make sure everything is okay, and will follow up on any anomalies. Let me know if you have any further questions at all. 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds