Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

leaving plusnet

FIXED
TTman
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 1

leaving plusnet

seeing as plusnet tv and bt sport are finishing nov 1st can i get ut of my contract to leave for bt???

5 REPLIES 5
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: leaving plusnet

Hi @TTman,

As a value provider, we’re all about giving customers simple, reliable broadband with great customer service.  We are simplifying our product range and from 1st November we will no longer provide YouView TV as part of our broadband service to existing customers. Customers will still to be able to enjoy great content as part of the BT Sport App. If you wish to discuss cancelling your account, please call our Cancellations Team, who can be reached on 0800 013 2632 between the hours of 8AM-8PM from Monday to Friday, 9AM-7PM on Saturdays and 9AM-6PM on Sundays.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
TTman
Seasoned Champion

Hi @TheMightyAJ  thankyou for the info but your rely did not answer my question of would i have to pay a cancellation fee if I cancelled now as I am still in contract until feb 2022

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Fix

I'm afraid that we're unable to confirm contract details on public threads. If you speak to our Cancellations Team they'll be able to confirm whether or nor any ETC's apply in your situation.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@TTman  As TheMightyAJ has not really answered your question I would have a look at the large number of posts in the TV section of the forum relating to the withdrawal of the TV service.

There was a generic reply from staff member Gandalf ......" If you're in contract we can waive termination fees altogether, you'll just need to call us on 0800 013 2632 to discuss/arrange."

But there is also a requirement to cancel within 30 days of receiving an e-mail advising you of the demise of the TV service.

There are also a number of cases where the termination fees were added to bills even though they should have been waived. it looks like the usual Plusnet billing system problems. You often have to battle to get the bills sorted out.☹️

pint
Aspiring Pro

Its worthwhile to look at what you watch, and when you watch it and the  subscribing on and off as required .

Using a device such as a Roku, Fire TV, or Youview box bought outright may save in the long run.

As for plusnet being a value provider, at the moment they are no longer as value as they/ @TheMightyAJ make out being priced by Vodafone and Now ( formerly known as nowtv)

Vodafone superfast £21.50 a month vs Plusnet £24/month

Talk Talk £23/month

Now Broadband £22 a month , also includes anytime evening and weekend calls making this a significant saving on plusnet if you have a call package

If you have FTTP in your area from openreach, then apparently plusnet may waive any fees if you move to either EE or BT.

there are also reports of price drops for fttp due to come in around October as a result of something called project equinox