Did you mean: 

landline and broadband billing error

FIXED
molly8
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

landline and broadband billing error

Hi,

Could one of you wonderful people out there - Gandalf, Adam, Martin Wheeler - help, please?

I took out a new 24 month contract which was confirmed by Plusnet at around 3pm on 5th October 2022 by [CSA Removed].  The first payment was to be on 4th November.  I have just received an email saying that they will take a payment on that day which is £5.14 over the agreed amount.  

Any help in sorting this out would be most appreciated.

M

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.
9 REPLIES 9
molly8
Rising Star

Re: landline and broadband billing error

Sorry - should I not have named the person?

Apologies.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hiya @molly8

I'm really sorry for the confusion over your bills and for the hassle this is causing.  

We’re quite chocka right now, so it’s taking a little longer than I’d usually like to get back to customers and I'm sorry about that.

The first bill generated after a contract change will be prorata and the following bill will be the agreed amount. The article here explains more.  

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
molly8
Rising Star

I am not sure that you have looked at the email which was sent to me on 5th October?  The amount agreed in this email should have been the amount billed recently and it was not.  The amount billed was more that £5 greater than it should have been.  I don't consider this to be 'pro rata'.  I understand that you are very busy at the moment and thank you for taking the time to send a reply.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Hi @molly8,

I'm really sorry for the confusion here. I've done some digging and I agree the bill shouldn't have been pro-rata'd. 

I've refunded the overcharge to your bank account which you'll receive before or shortly after we take your latest payment.

I hope this helps. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
molly8
Rising Star

Thank you very much, Gandalf - that's very kind of you and I appreciate your help very much indeed. 

molly8
Rising Star

PS, I am very sorry that you are moving away from the forum and wish you all the best in your new role.  There are many people who use this forum who will miss you including myself.  Many thanks for all your help both today and in the past.

M

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem at all and cheers @molly8

It's definitely a big step for me and I'll miss this place a lot, but looking forward to what the future holds. Cheesy

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
molly8
Rising Star

Good luck!

M

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers! 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet