Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

double payment?

FIXED
pyeomans
Dabbler

double payment?

Hi,

My contract is due to expire in october and i'm looking at renewing.

If i renew my broadband contract today then it will start from tomrorrow (15th sept) which is fine, but on the 19th sept the next payment was due on the existing contract.

So will i be billed for both or will the existing contract payment be cancelled automatically?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: double payment?

Fix

Hey there @pyeomans,

Just to clarify, if you've still got one month left on your current contract then the billing period for a renewed contract wouldn't start until the month after. If you'd like to discuss what deals we can offer you, I'd recommend giving our Customer Options Team a call on 0800 013 2632. The team is available between the hours of 8AM-8PM from Monday to Friday, 9AM-7PM on Saturdays and 9AM-6PM on Sundays.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
pyeomans
Dabbler

Thanks for the info.

I signed up today to an offer emailed to me from plusnet, but it says it would take effect from tomorrow (20th september).

I thought it would take effect from the 19th October which is when my existing account expires?

I would have thought the system would have known this when i signed up.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @pyeomans

Thanks a lot for reaching out. We've received your online complaint regarding this matter and your HLE / Customer Advocates Team will soon be in touch soon. You can both view and comment on the open Ticket for direct communication with your case handler here.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@pyeomans 

Hopefully there will be some information from Plusnet to you on your complaint ticket which will spell out correctly when your new contract will start. In my experience based on my last three renewals there does not seem to be one particular way in which the Plusnet systems start recontracts - sometimes on the next day; sometimes on the next billing day; and sometimes not at all (or at least not including all the agreed discounts etc.). The email does not always have the correct date! Another wonder of the billing system.

I suggest you keep a very close eye on your bills to ensure that you do get what you have agreed to. 

At least with a complaints ticket open (ensure it stays that way) you have a direct line into Plusnet to get anything corrected if need be.