Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contract ending in a month - renewing with same rate/deal unavailable

lupinehorror
Hooked

contract ending in a month - renewing with same rate/deal unavailable

hi all.

long time since i've been on here.

where did the live chat go? not doing the phone thing and email support sadly hasn't been a thing for too long.

18 month contract is up next month. happy staying where i am and at the rate i'm paying (£27.50).

if i continue with fibre extra via the website the only thing i can see is that i can sign up for a new contract and pay £27.50  for 12 months then it goes up to £47.54. that's a firm nope from me.

been a customer for nearly a decade. i'll be going elsewhere if this is all that i'm offered.

also, no option to obtain the hub two router for customers who have been on the same contract for 7 years? (less of an issue than the contract thing)

----- edit

ah it has been pointed out to me (by a sensible person) that it's because it's a 12 month contract and not 18 and that if i renew before it expires i will (hopefully) continue on the same deal or change to another.

may just go for that then.

so...hub two for long-time users?

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Re: contract ending in a month - renewing with same rate/deal unavailable

@lupinehorror 

Ring the Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 and tell them the deal that you need to stop you moving on. This number is generally answered quite quickly.

Whilst not offered when you renew on line, if you ask them for a Hub Two they will let you have one for the P&P charge as part of the renewal.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

lupinehorror
Hooked

Re: contract ending in a month - renewing with same rate/deal unavailable

thanks for your quick reply and info. not a big fan of the phone but may just have to go down that route. will post if i have any progress.