Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wishing to leave +net..

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Wishing to leave +net..

So having discussed the options with the user and realised that there is nothing Plusnet can do to retain their business you immediately process the MAC request?
Or do you still make them wait the full 5 days out of spite?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 399

We use the 5 day period as a means of ensuring we get to talk to our customers who are asking to cancel. As I've mentioned in another post already today we can't stop you from leaving if your mind is made up but we are interested to find out why you want to leave and if there is anything at all we can do to change your mind.

So why not accept a MAC request via the ticket system and then you call the customer to discuss it before issuing the MAC, rather than force them to call you.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

So why not accept a MAC request via the ticket system

Accepting cancellations via letter or phone only was the business decision we went ahead with. We can't change anything immediately I'm afraid but all of your concerns about this have been (as this topic has arisen before) and will be flagged.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero

I'm waiting to see what OFCOM have to say on the Plusnet policies.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Please let us know what they say jelv, we're more that confident that we comply with their stipulations.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mitchell20
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Hi Chris,
We use the 5 day period as a means of ensuring we get to talk to our customers who are asking to cancel. As I've mentioned in another post already today we can't stop you from leaving if your mind is made up but we are interested to find out why you want to leave and if there is anything at all we can do to change your mind. I'm sorry I can't push through the MAC key any quicker but you will get it within the 5 day lead time.
Adam

Well sorry, but that's not really my experience.
Phoned and asked for a MAC on Friday 28th .  Waited nearly 15 minutes in a call queue.  Asked why i was leaving, told PN I can now get upto 20Mb unlimited Sky broadband for only £12.50 a month compared to upto 8mb BT Wholesale PN Pro for £19.99.  No brainer!!  Plus it also means I get Sky Anytime+ on my Sky HD boxes.
Agent wasn't convinced I needed a MAC for Sky (you do for broadband only, just not if you transfer line rental to Sky too)
Agent said a MAC would be issued and a ticket stating this was generated arrived a few minutes later
No MAC received by today (Feb 2nd) so called again and MAC was generated there and then and given to me over the phone.  Ticket + email then also received with MAC Key.
2 minutes later MAC given to and accepted by Sky.
Edit to add - it's worth checking the Sky website checker for Sky LLU availability as Samknows is no longer up to date and Sky are continuing to roll out LLU.  Even the info PN had said Sky LLU was not available in my exchange.
cuke2u
Grafter

Hi, thanks for that, note to Adam, it can be done..
Thank you mitchell20,  I've checked with Sky about the LLU, and they say my exchange has been enabled, which is confirmed by the local exchange check and the letter from Sky that dropped through my letter box saying that  Sky Broadband Unlimited was now available. As I've said right from the start, I just want to go and I would really like to recommend +net as well, however after all of this I'm not sure if they are really 100% commited to their customers..
Thanks,
Chris
cuke2u
Grafter

Hi, well today should be the day, fingers crossed, nothing in their yet, if there isn't any by 16:00 I will be on the phone wanting an answer as I am not prepared to wait over the weekend.
Chris
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've just checked your account and can see that the ticket has been updated with a MAC.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
cuke2u
Grafter

Hi, indeed it has Adam, thank you for for your help...
Chris
quinndp
Dabbler

personally, i dont see the issue about waiting the 5 days as you've got to give 10 days notice to plusnet anyway so whats the big deal?
jelv
Seasoned Hero

5 working days is 7 days in practice because of the weekend.
You can't complete a migration in 3 days ( see Plusnet's own FAQ)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

You can't complete a migration in 3 days

You can if its like to like i.e IPstream to IPstream or 21CN WBC to 21CN WBC, its not in the FAQ as it needs manual intervention to try and push orders through with very short lead times like this.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
cuke2u
Grafter

Hi, this one seems to rumble on, now instead of downgrading my account to payg, +net have closed it completely. Despite CS being informed at the time of requesting the MAC that I was leaving +net and the downgrade appearing within my tickets it has been closed. Now I have lost my e-mail account. I rang CS and spoke to a gentleman who didn't even realise that as my account has been closed that I couldn't access my tickets anymore. This has become a disaster as it seems I can't get the account back, although I have to ring them again tomorrow  - I only wanted to leave quietly without any fuss...
Chris
cuke2u
Grafter

I guess I should have expected no reply, I've given up really and I will not be recommending +net to anyone...
Chris