Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wishing to leave +net..

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Wishing to leave +net..

Quote from: barquerole
Well, that's a very honest admission, but one has to question why they want to leave in the first place.

I think we've all had times where we've dealt with a company and been dissatisfied. The majority of the time we really don't want to leave, we just want to get the service we pay for, forget about it and get on with our lives. It's fair to say that you can't please all of the people all of the time but that shouldn't stop us trying. The fact that we do 'save' a great percentage of those customers just goes to show that it's a worthwhile process which we'd be foolish not to use.
Jojo Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: FastJan
But I did speak to an advisor when I rang to cancel, and I politely refused any deals offered (I'm leaving due to redundancy and having to cost cut by consolidating 2 phone lines into one package which Plusnet can't offer me for the same price as a competitor, agreed by the CS guy I spoke to) - so why do I still have to wait 7 days (5 working days + W/E) when I have already spoken to someone?

But rigidly sticking to the rules which put the ticket on hold for 5 days before the MAC is provided when it is clearly not going to make any difference is just being bloody minded.
In a situation such as above all it means is that if their financial situation improves they won't ever consider coming back - is that what you want to achieve?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
mitchell20
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
Yep - Absolutely correct.  We could do.
However, we elect to use phone and post as this tends to allow us a better chance of talking to the customer before they leave.  In a high proportion of cases, the customer as a result, elects to stay with us.
We found previously that we weren't able to "save" as many customer when these requests were being made by ticket.

As I've mentioned twice already, in my case it was a complete no-brainer.  I migrated from the BT wholesale upto 8mb ADSL to Sky upto 20Mb LLU.  What could PN possibly have offered me to stay?  I'm now paying £7.50 a month for upto 20Mb broadband (and also getting about 19.5mb down here too) with no monthly allowance cap with my Sky Unlimited package.  I was paying you £19.99 for upto 8Mb with a 20Gb monthly allowance.  You cannot even offer me upto 20Mb as my exchange is not BTw ADSL2 enabled.
So why make me and others in a similar situation wait?  There's was no discussion.  I wanted my MAC as simple as that., yet it still took almost 4 days.

Saying that I really don't think a MAC request via the ticket system would work as I proved beyond any doubt during my whole MAC request/initial botched refund/failed downgrade to PAYG account after migration that tickets are not read properly or acted upon properly either (even by the PN staff that read and respond to these forums)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

mitchell20,
I'm sorry to hear that you had to wait for the MAC key. As we are obliged as an ISP to provide you with one within a certain time-scale we do wish to use this to give us an opportunity to try and retain customers.
I fully understand that in circumstances like yours that this might not make a lot of sense to you but it is in our interest to try and prevent cancellations where we're can and our processes are built around that now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mitchell20
Grafter

So why didn't you offer me anything in that time-frame then and what in actual fact could you have actually offered me to match Sky's £7.50 LLU upto 20Mb completely unlimited product?Huh
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I can't honestly answer that but I do apologise if that did not happen. We will stand by our won't be beat on price pledge but we don't provide LLU services therefore we can't offer an equivalent to their offerings I'm afraid.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team